Sleeve to Bypass

Brandy Novak
on 4/7/16 11:35 am - North Richland Hills , TX

Hello,

Can you all fill me in on if you have had a revision from a Sleeve to Bypass and quickly you lost weight and the recoup time. How has your experience been ?

RedHead86
on 4/11/16 2:23 pm

Did you ever make it up for a consult with Dr Keshishian? I did...and it was well worth it. I was VERY on the fence since I have a sleeve. Do I revise to bypass or DS? I have done well with my sleeve and am revising due to a stricture, and twisted sleeve. Well that's what started the reason AT FIRST. Even if you plan to go the bypass route (and by the way I am in no way saying that's a bad idea) meeting with him is worth your time. I met with 3 different surgeons. As you have been through this before you know there's every reason to be well informed. That being said I do attend a support group that has people that were revised from band to RNY and people revised from sleeve to RNY. Their weight loss has varied. Obviously it depends on compliance but also everyones age and bodies are different. DS has the highest percent of weight loss but it also has the highest commitment for vitamins and some other risks. Good to at least be informed of ALL options. Afterall, you want this to last a lifetime.

RedHead86
on 4/27/16 12:08 pm

UPDATED UPDATE:

My revision from sleeve to DS with Dr Keshishian APPROVED and scheduled for June 23

D. Scott
on 9/23/16 6:14 pm
RNY with

If you dont mind me asking, what was your BMI when you met with Dr K to discuss your revision from Sleeve to DS? I am likely going to need to revise due to GERD, dilation of my sleeve, regain and a hiatal hernia. My BMI is only 38 so I am unsure if Dr K will consider me for DS but Ill pay cash for the consult if I need to, just wanting to have more info first. 

Thanks

RedHead86
on 9/23/16 7:33 pm

He would consider you of course. My bmi was 37 

RedHead86
on 4/11/16 2:24 pm

I am sorry I confused you with someone from San Diego lol... either way though I hope some of the revision people answered you. I know with most revisions the weight loss is a bit slower.

Most Active
Recent Topics