Revision after gastric bypass anyone???

curvaceousdiva
on 4/25/16 10:22 am - Hyattsville, MD

I started my classes to get a revision last week.  My bypass was in 2010 fell to 118 from hw of around 275.  but life happened, kids left for college, and dad passed away and gained a bit to where im 199 now.  Im scheduled for an endoscopy to see if I have restriction left.

Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/16 9:31 pm
On April 14, 2016 at 6:38 PM Pacific Time, lilbit36 wrote:

Hi,

I had the gastric bypass 9 years ago and was able to keep off 140 pounds but I am still overweight at 225 and looking into getting a revision done. Has anyone one had a revision after the gastric bypass?? If so what was your experience

Sure, lots of people but the type of revision really has to do with what is mechanically wrong with your bypass.  After all these years I would guess your stoma is dilated but you need to check that out first.

scmcdunn
on 6/8/16 8:02 am - Schaumburg, IL

Yes, I had the Apollo Overstitch and it's a miracle! My pouch had opened to the point of no more restriction and now I have it back again! I had it done April 7 and to date have lost 30 lbs. I couldn't be happier about it! After all this time we need a "tune-up" as my doctor put it. I had my original RNY done May 31 2005. I lost 120 lbs and then gained 20-25 back. I never got "down down" like some do - my lowest weight was 190. I have now passed that and am working with a nutritionist to make sure I get the right nutrients for my body.

I highly recommend this procedure. If you look up Apollo Overstitch there is a great animated video showing what happens.

Good luck to you

Sue

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/16 5:00 pm

Apollo is probably the best low risk option available for a dilated stoma.  The down side is tha*****pically has to be repeated every 2-4 years. I'm not sure how many times they will pay for it over a lifetime.  But Apollo, for the low risk procedure, that's a good one.

Jessica B.
on 4/15/18 6:40 pm - New York, NY

HI Sue,

What is your status now? Do you still recommend the overstitch?

Jessica

scmcdunn
on 4/16/18 6:32 am - Schaumburg, IL

Jessica

Yes, I still recommend the procedure. It's been 2 years and I have kept everything I lost off. I of course can eat more now and choices will always be a struggle but I highly recommend this tune up!

Sue

Most Active
Recent Topics