Anyone ever had a 2nd revision and covered by insurance? (stomaphyx)

rows4u
on 6/6/16 5:42 pm
Revision on 03/11/13

I had gastric sleeve in 2009 and revised to gastric bypass in 2011. I'm up to 210 again and wanted to look into a second revision. I think I stretched my stomach out. I was looking into the stomaphyx. Anyone ever been approved on a second revision surgery or had any experience with the Stomaphyx? I have BCBS of Michigan.  

enjoi50
on 6/9/16 12:45 pm

Stomaphyx is a waste. My friend had that last year and hasn't lost a pound. Its a waste.

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/16 2:49 pm
On June 7, 2016 at 12:42 AM Pacific Time, rows4u wrote:

I had gastric sleeve in 2009 and revised to gastric bypass in 2011. I'm up to 210 again and wanted to look into a second revision. I think I stretched my stomach out. I was looking into the stomaphyx. Anyone ever been approved on a second revision surgery or had any experience with the Stomaphyx? I have BCBS of Michigan.  

It does not work.  Never has.  People lose about 20# on the post op diet and as soon as they start on solids the clips break, you regain the #20 and you are less $10K for it.  Ins does not usually pay because it does not work.

Maybe instead of surgery after surgery...  it's time to fix your head and your thinking?  What do you think?

Exactly how many mm does your stoma measure right now?

Most Active
Recent Topics