RNY to VSG??

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/4/16 11:07 am - Belleville, IL

Hi- I had the RNY in 2010, had great success am down to just around 120 lbs, however had always been plagued by liver and pancreatic problems AFTER RNY surgery. Just came out of hospital where the CT Contrast ultra sound showed that stitches to my unused stomach were open and  food contents were inside and causing fermentation and problems? I have appointment with Bari Surgeon on the 16th, but wonder if they can revise to a VSG for medical reasons or if they will just restitch the stomach? (I know these are questions  for the surgeon just wondering if anyone had anything similar happen?)  Weight is still good, just having tons of serious liver and medical problems due to the staple line failing?

Warmly,

Jackie E.

sheriberi29
on 8/5/16 1:52 pm - Cleveland, TN

Im

sorry I can't answer your question . I just wanted to say , good luck on your visit and please let us know how your visit with the surgeon goes 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

QTR-nevermore
on 9/2/16 2:14 pm

Soooo......What happened? Did he explain how the staple line on the bypassed stomach could have failed with no food directly going there? I am having the sleeve soon, that is a very active staple line, what can happen long-term with that?

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 9/3/16 10:52 am - Belleville, IL

So here is the full story....The staple line is INTACT and thankfully NO food is going down the remnant stomach or intestinal limb. Turns out I have severe "Sphincter of Oddi Disorder" (S.O.D) and I currently have a huge feeding tube in my remnant stomach.  My Pancreas (and liver) are really screwed up and are not producing bile or transporting it down the digestive tract like they should. Sooooo

I will be having Stents put into the pancreatic and Liver bile ducts and the sphincter of Oddi duct. So more surgery for me (Yuck!)  I am hoping that by Mid-late October I will finally be healing.  (We have to see if the Stents are working and then slowly reduce the stoma where the large Fr Gastric Tube is placed and slowly make it smaller.)  Thank you for checking up on me, and I wish ALL of you sucess in your journey no matter where you are!

Warmly,

Jackie E.

QTR-nevermore
on 9/5/16 9:48 pm

Thank you for your reply. Is there any indication that this is a complication of your bypass? Or would it have happened to you anyway?

Most Active
Recent Topics