Revision questions

karenyt
on 8/25/16 12:40 am - Renton, WA

Has anyone heard of a surgery to shrink the size of a stretched out pouch?  I am working with a surgeon on a possible gastric bypass revision and wondered what kind of surgery can be done, if any.  I have worked for the past 7 months on my eating disorders through intensive outpatient treatment and therapy and know what I failed to know and understand before.  Is there anything that can be done to help me?

Karen

annjones
on 8/28/16 8:15 am - Kansas City, KS
RNY on 02/13/17

Hey Karen,

I just had my band removed.  It had slipped and I tried for 2 years to "get back on track" and find the "sweet spot".  I felt like I had failed...yet again.  But after doing alot of reading and chatting with others, I have found that the band is not what I had thought and it fails 60% of the time (not sure how acurate the percentage is)

I was very scared of RNY, I had a few friends who had it done and terrible stories (Blood transfusions, couldn't eat anything, to lower bowel disentigration and death).  All thing that scared me badly.  BUT RNY surgery, i have found, has come a long way and due to the changes and advances in medicine it is much safer.

I was told follow your docs orders and the diet and all will be good.  No more slimming, throwing up, getting stuck.

Can't wait to get that full feeling I use to have in the beginning and to be health and more active.  Talk to your doc and see if Revision is for you.

Ann

Ann Jones
HW-304/SW-295/CW-226/GW-200

RNY Surgery 2/13/2017
12/23/08 Band Date - Removal Date 08/15/16

Jwy
on 9/23/16 11:29 am

I had a gastric bypass revision done in October of 2015.  I lost 20 pounds the first month eating nothing but liquids and soup.  Since then I havent lost any weight and the amount of food I could eat was never reduced.  The dr said that my stomach would be small like it was before it stretched out but it wasnt.  After the surgery I went back to him several times and his advice was always to eat soup.  I have been so depressed that I went through all that pain and all that money for nothing.  

Jwy
on 9/23/16 11:29 am

I had a gastric bypass revision done in October of 2015.  I lost 20 pounds the first month eating nothing but liquids and soup.  Since then I havent lost any weight and the amount of food I could eat was never reduced.  The dr said that my stomach would be small like it was before it stretched out but it wasnt.  After the surgery I went back to him several times and his advice was always to eat soup.  I have been so depressed that I went through all that pain and all that money for nothing.  

Most Active
Recent Topics