Slow weight loss since RNY Revision

Charmaine C.
on 9/7/16 8:21 am - Columbus, OH

Hello everyone. I had my revision August 15th, 2016 and loss 12 pounds of water I retained and only loss 11 pounds since. Its been 3weeks today. I need some great advice on getting the weight off?

tracy O.
on 9/8/16 3:28 am - shelby

I'm no expert and haven't had revision yet but that seems like a great loss in less than a month. I have heard that revision loss is slower than virgin surgery.

VBG 2004 SW: 360   CW:260   GOAL WEIGHT: 150 - LOOKING INTO RNY

" LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS.....IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN "

ShebasMom
on 9/8/16 7:31 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

I had a distal bypass revision on 7/6/16. I gained 18 lbs of fluid in hospital and have lost an additional 22 lbs. I'm 2 months out and have malabsorption, so I think you're doing great.  Revisions do lose slower. 

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

L. 68
on 9/16/16 10:06 am

Hey Charmaine, 

Your doing great!  Revision is slower i know.  I had surgery revision from band to sleeve May24, 2016 im 3 1/2 month out and have lost 26 lbs.  I was in a stall for 4 weeks of that  it just started to move down again when my nutritionist said to change my diet a little bit.  It seems that i was eating too much protein.  go figure ..

but during the 4 week stall i just kept doing what i was doing (following plan) and i was LOSING INCHES.  so i m very content with that.  now the scale has to catch up..

Speak to your nutritionist and go over what you are eating and drinking and see what she/he says.  

good luck .

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

L. 68
on 9/16/16 10:13 am

Hey Charmaine, 

Your doing great!  Revision is slower i know.  I had surgery revision from band to sleeve May 24, 2016 im 3 1/2 month out and have lost 26 lbs.  I was in a stall for 4 weeks of that  it just started to move down again when my nutritionist said to change my diet a little bit.  It seems that i was eating too much protein.  go figure ..

but during the 4 week stall i just kept doing what i was doing (following plan) and i was LOSING INCHES.  so i m very content with that.  now the scale has to catch up..

Speak to your nutritionist and go over what you are eating and drinking and see what she/he says.  

good luck .

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Anderson1970
on 9/17/16 7:53 pm
VSG on 06/12/14

Hi. I was wondering if you had to have a 2nd psych exam for revision? 

Aliceanne3
on 9/23/16 7:51 am - MO

I did for mine. 

marbella37
on 5/19/17 7:22 am
RNY on 04/24/17

Hi Charmaine I just had my surgery 3 and a half weeks ago and was feeling bumped because for like five days I stayed the same mine is also a revision. today i weight my self and finally went down 2 more lbs for a total of 21 lbs. Reading your post i feel better thanks for your honesty. I would like to know how are you doing now.

Maribel

marbella37
on 5/19/17 7:22 am
RNY on 04/24/17

Hi Charmaine I just had my surgery 3 and a half weeks ago and was feeling bumped because for like five days I stayed the same mine is also a revision. today i weight my self and finally went down 2 more lbs for a total of 21 lbs. Reading your post i feel better thanks for your honesty. I would like to know how are you doing now.

Maribel

Most Active
Recent Topics