VSG Revision to RNY

Coreena K.
on 9/14/16 10:46 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

My surgery is coming up on thr 28th and was wondering who else has had the same revision?  Please tell me about your experiences.

thanks

Coreena      

Jg404
on 9/17/16 12:50 pm - NY

Hi, I had the sleeve in 2012. Oct. 12th I'm having the MOJO (Modified Jejunoileal bypass) done. Is that what your getting done? It's the bypass cut a little lower on the intestines 

Coreena K.
on 9/17/16 5:22 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

Yuppers...had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy in 2010, and now it will be turned into RNY revision...same principle, different name.

Coreena      

krwilson02
on 9/27/16 3:14 pm
Revision on 07/26/16

Hi there! I had my sleeve 10/14/2008, and I lost about 150 lbs, highest weight was around 340, lowest was close to 190 but that was after a tummy tuck in 2010. The sleeve caused terrible reflux, which I had never had pre-wls.  I revised to RNY on July 27 of this year. Surgery went great. Before I started a 7 day pre-op diet for the revision, I was at 249. Meaning I had regained about 55lbs from my lowest, not super proud of that. I lost 7 lbs just that week, and I am down 25 lbs all together. My weight loss slowed a little bit because I had an emergency appendectomy at the four week out mark, so that killed my exercise for a bit. I am just now getting back to the gym and I can see that the weight loss is firing up again. I don't weigh myself regularly, I just go by the mirror most of the time, but I weighed myself at dr's today. 

It is different. I am still slowly getting back to "normal" food. Food gets stuck all the time, and I just have to toss it back out. It isn't really like vomiting, it is just bending over and letting the food fall out of my mouth (sorry for the visual). I also had a hiatal hernia repaired during the revision, so I had a bit of a rough recovery.  I am just taking it slow, I am in no rush to get back to all "normal" food all the time. Right now I do a protein shake for breakfast, cottage cheese or milk or a protein bar for lunch, either meat and veggies or a bariatric meal (that I buy right from my surgeon) for dinner, and sf pudding made with Fairlife milk for dessert. I am trying to stay under 900 cals. I have learned that 1200 net cals per day is maintenance for me, and 900 seems to be a number that works for weight loss.  I eat more carbs now than I did pre-sleeve, but that's because I don't think my intestines would like a ketogenic diet, but I dunno. Still learning.

Good luck!  You will be great! Ask me anything! 

Most Active
Recent Topics