Apollo Endoscopic Suturing anyone?

Eve1973
on 11/17/16 2:06 pm

Hello all, 

I am Eve and I am 43 years old. I have been a long time lurker, I will give you all some background information. I first got Lapband surgery in 2005 my highest weight was 245 lbs at only 5 feet 1 inch tall.  I lost almost 100lbs.  In 2010 I had gained weight getting up to 210 lbs, I went in for stomach pain one day and they found the band had erroded through my stomach, had the band removed and revision to RNY. Got back down to 145-150 lbs. Fell in love got married in 2011, had two children back to back 2012 and 2014.  I am now back up to 206 lbs. 

I consulted a doctor that did an upper endoscopy and told me my pouch and stoma were mildly enlarged to 5-6cm. He suggested I get a RNY revision using the Apollo Endoscopic Suturing to suture my stoma and pouch back to its original RNY size. I go in Wednesday 11/23/2016 for my surgery.

Has anyone had this done? Any success or non success stories? Recovery stories? I amanxious I have to give this another shot I have failed twice and will not allow myself to fail again!! I have to get healthy.

Thank you, 

Kidda G.
on 11/17/16 5:08 pm

Wow! We've had very similar journeys. I too went from band to Rny. Then after a series of deaths in my family I lost control. I similarly gained back more than half of what I had lost. On the cusp of 200 I felt like a failure. So I sought another doctor and he told me revision was an option to tighten the stoma but he later told me that success was not a guarantee. I took my chances. It's been 2 1/2 months and the weight loss has been slow. It requires a whole new recommitment. The weight won't fall off like it first did. I basically have 2 protein shakes a day, one protein forward meal a day, and plenty of water. When I need something more I drink tea or coffee. This has resulted in a 20 pound loss but now I'm at a stall I think. 

I was told to exercise aerobically & some light weight training but recently work & my mother's hospitalization have taken precedence. I begin my work outs again this weekend (they are actually satisfying afterwards but not before---that I just put off...lol)

I don't think I can ever eat like some of my friends. I need to accept that if I plan to achieve a healthier goal weight. My body barely burns any calories apparently. My eyes & stomach & all the food advertisements don't seem to get that. After so many years and procedures I'm only just beginning to really grasp this. 

It's still a head game....I'm just taking it one step at a time but I think I'm worth it. I wish you luck for a safe procedure, speedy recovery, and optimum weight loss. 

Eve1973
on 11/17/16 5:48 pm

Thank you so much for this! It is very hard, and yes my eyes and head always want food even when my stomach doesn't. I need to be strong and do it! I know I can. 3rd times a charm hope fully not 3 strikes!

I have to do this for me, and my children. My husband is very supportive and has been talking about getting a sleeve, maybe with him getting weight loss surgery staying on track won't be so hard to for me because we will both need to eat right and exercise.

Thank you for your wishes! I will post my progress once all has been done.

Evelyn 

Mandy K.
on 12/30/16 2:30 pm - St. Louis, MO
Eve1973
on 12/30/16 3:48 pm

Pretty easy actually.  The doctors notes were precise with documenting my enlarged pouch and the need to repair it. They gave me the cpt codes and procedure codes I called Harvard pilgrim to make sure this was covered and it was. 

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 10:35 am - Orlando, FL

Hi Eve. How did your procedure go?

Corn1
on 3/7/17 7:23 am
RNY on 03/15/17

I am sorry to hear that. I didn't read your story prior to your revision. I hope that you are ok. I had the RNY back in 2005. My highest weight was 320. At the time of RNY, I weighed in at 302. I kept it off until 3 years ago. I am now at 280. This is so depressing. I was told that my stoma was enlarged. I am confused... I always thought the stoma was the smaller pouch

Most Active
Recent Topics