Revision due to prescriptions and several new diagnoses

Suzanne_Paulette
on 12/27/16 10:06 pm - Lamonte, MO

I had my RNY June 7,2011. I went from 340 to 155 within a year. Eating good, behaving myself. I had a brachioplasty and Tummy tuck. No problems after my surgery, very lucky, but continue to follow the rules.

I have been diagnosed in the last year with Fibromyalsia, osteoarthritis, and started having seizures - so, major seizure disorder. I have extensive migraines, worse than before surgery. I had brain surgery to remove a tumor 11/13. My diabetes is resolved, but bc still a little high and have coronary artery disease, asthma, IBS and sleep apnea.

In may of this year, I had horrible stomach pain. Went to the hospital and got diagnoses of esophagitis, intersusseption between my Roux limb and the extending limb to my small bowel. Upon very close examination of my medical records, I found yesterday that I have a moderate gastric fistula and my excluded stomach had a great deal of fluid and contrast in it! I am very upset the doctors neglected to tell me these things, like I wouldn't care???

I have gained 60 pounds back and am almost back up to a BMI of 35. I have been prescribed Lyrica =weight gain. (it made me crazy, I quit after 2 months) I have a lot less ability to exercise due to daily, chronic, unyielding pain =weight gain. My neurologist prescribed me steroids (thank God that's over!) =weight gain.

I go next Wednesday for a class, blood work (which has always been perfect), and talk to the surgeon. I am angry because I have worked hard to get a cure little size 10 body and now I'm a 14. None of my pretty work clothes or jeans fit.

Does anyone have any of these problems? Yes, this is a pity party! I can hardly work in the past year and just got my masters in 2014-I didn't work so hard on that to quit!

Will medicaid pay for a revision of I met criteria of initial surgery? Also want to hear of others' new medical problems.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS FAR!

Suzanne

Laura in Texas
on 12/28/16 6:36 am

I am so sorry you are having so many issues. Have you had a second opinion? I have had several friends who traveled across the country to the Cleveland Clinic for help when their original bariatric surgeon was letting them down.

I hope you find relief soon.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Suzanne_Paulette
on 12/28/16 8:59 am - Lamonte, MO

Thank you for your kind words. It's not really that my clinic at MU is letting me down, I'm just scared. I am in such a state I'm only seeing 4-5 clients a week and my driver can't get off work bc we have to pay the bills somehow. I can't drive due to the new seizure disorder (I used to drive EVERYWHERE! NO ONE stopped me). So my mental diagnosis of major depression, PTSD and anxiety is off the charts. I've been suicidal and at least think of it daily. I've got 7 appointments in January and February so I'm addressing everything and am compliant! It's hard, but dang! I'm just frustrated. Again, thank you! You're very sweet.

Amy R.
on 1/2/17 1:18 am

" I've been suicidal and at least think of it daily."      

Please get some help right now to conquer your pre-occupation with suicide.  And yes, thinking of it daily is a pre-occupation.

Don't allow yourself even one more day before confronting and conquering this.  We become suicidal when we no longer have any hope.  Whatever it takes to find your hope, do that.     Now.  

Sometimes we get so used to dealing with our depression we don't realize that it is actually noticeably worsening.   Certainly you didn't just wake up one day and think of killing yourself.  When we are declining mentally we don't always notice how serious things have become, how close we've come to the edge.

You're dealing with some sobering physical issues for sure, but  your mental health must take priority.  Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Please don't go there.  Please.

Good luck and if you need someone to just listen please PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Amy R.
on 1/2/17 1:21 am

I'm sorry if I come off as overly dramatic.  My 32 year old niece blew her own head off four years ago.  Nothing drastic had happened the day before. She just woke up and couldn't get through one more day without hope.  And that was it.  Gone and left two beautiful young daughters.

Never, ever again will I take suicide or the talk of it anything less than immediately critical.

Suzanne_Paulette
on 1/2/17 12:40 pm - Lamonte, MO

Thank you so much for your caring, true words. I know these things are true, as a professional counselor of 16 years ,but it's hard to take that advice for yourself sometimes. I've been much better in the last few days and also have a Psychiatry appointment in a few days. Thank you for the offer of chatting with me! That means a lot to me.

Suzanne

Amy R.
on 1/2/17 3:06 pm

I'm glad you are doing better.  And I had no idea you were a professional counselor - you've probably heard much wiser words than those from me.  My hope is that you find whatever it takes to keep going and to never give up.

Life is so hard sometimes.

Kathy S.
on 12/28/16 12:22 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

So sorry to hear all you are going through. Be sure and reach out to all the RNY'ers on that forum for support also 

RNY FORUM

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Suzanne_Paulette
on 12/28/16 11:06 am - Lamonte, MO

It says I am in the revision form, so you mean like, a comorbidities forum?

Kathy S.
on 12/28/16 12:21 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I was suggesting you post on the RNY forum, gastric bypass the surgery type you had before. Just a great bunch of people there and they can help with advice and support.  It's up to you, just a suggestion:-)

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics