"sour" stomach with diarrhea (sorry if TMI)

megster415
on 2/23/17 12:22 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

Hi Everyone,

Disclaimer: if you have difficulty reading about bowels... don't read this.

This is the first time I've posted anything on here and i am hoping i may be able to get an answer of some sort...

alil background...I had a band to bypass revision Nov 2014... the first six months were great then something switched in my brain- so that has been a constant battle since. I still want to lose 86 more pounds... eventually i will get there.

Purpose of my post:

For the past going on 5 days i have had what i believe to be a "sour" feeling stomach accompanied with diarrhea. It almost feels like heartburn(makes me nauseous almost all the time) and really gassy, then i get cramps in my lower abdomen and back and have to go to the bathroom. The sour stomach is a constant but the bathroom trips are becoming bothersome.

Has/does anyone experience this ? if so... what was the outcome? is there something i can take? prilosec, warm water don't seem to work.

Thank you in advance.

ladygodiva1228
on 2/23/17 12:49 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Have you contacted your surgeon yet?

It could be the start of ulcer or maybe a partial blockage.  Just because you have a bowel movement daily doesn't mean you are eliminating everything.  Especially if you are having diarrhea and no more solid movements.

Please give your surgeon a call and inform them of what is going on.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

megster415
on 2/23/17 1:30 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

I haven't contacted them yet... i was kind of just hoping that it went away... today the sour stomach seems to be when i eat and the eliminating was just this morning. 

i will call them... thank you for answering back so quickly :)  

rocky513
on 2/24/17 1:34 pm - WI

What are you eating?  Sugar alcohols can really cause terrible gastric distress.  Check labels (even your vitamins)  If there are any sweeteners ending in 'itol' (like malitol)  it could be the problem.  

Could you have developed lactose intolerance?  You can develop food allergies at any time.  Maybe try going back to meat and non-starchy veggies for awhile.  Eliminate dairy for a week and see if you improve.  Slowly add back in foods (one food at a time****il you figure out any triggers.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics