EGD done.. next step get a surgery date...

racemomss
on 4/13/17 8:50 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Yesterday I had the EGD and the surgeon found hiatal hernia (which we already knew), ulcers, and Gerd (which was already known). This all confirmed what we suspected and saw in the other tests. I have been told that the bypass will fix my issues and the hernia will be repaired. They are also likely taking out the gallbladder too since I have issues with that too. This will be one wild ride and not happy about the recovery but the relief will be worth it.

mi75
on 4/13/17 9:25 am
VSG on 06/01/14

any idea on a time frame? I see the surgeon in about 3 weeks and I'll need an EGD but no other stuff, because the revision is considered 'medically necessary'.

racemomss
on 4/13/17 10:30 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

He was talking as early as May for surgery. I too am having for medical necessary so I don't have to wait as long. However my schedule with work will keep me from doing until July. which I think I am good with since I need to wrap my brain around it and accept the upcoming challenges.

bruindiva92
on 4/14/17 10:43 am
Revision on 03/29/17

I can understand waiting. I could have had my surgery months earlier but I needed to get both my house and head in order.

I do feel better prepared this time around. I know what foods to buy for the liquid stages and for the soft food stage. I am learning to gauge "full pouch feeling" which translates to lower stomach pain all day and night So, 1.5 oz of food is the max for feeling satisfied.

Glad to hear you got a date. You will do well and feel 1000% better after the revision.

unagordita
on 4/13/17 9:38 am

One step closer, hope all goes well

Most Active
Recent Topics