2 week liquid pre-op

QC_Blondie
on 5/9/17 8:23 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

i started my 2 week pre-op diet today. It wasn't horrible but not great either! ? With my Gerd being so bad I've only been eating once a day for the most part already. Of course today since I absolutely can't eat I wanted to eat everything!! I believe last time when I had my VSG originally I only had to do the liquid diet for 3 or 5 days. It definitely wasn't two weeks like everyone requires now. So 1 day down just 13 more to go. Let's hope I don't get too "hangry" ?

MsShawna
on 5/10/17 5:12 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi QC_ Blondie I know how you feel but I know you can do it . Trust me it will be worth it in the end. So keep looking forward there is light at the end of the tunnel.

QC_Blondie
on 5/10/17 10:56 am
Revision on 05/23/17

Yes ma'am it will definitely be worth it!!!

MsShawna
on 5/10/17 1:29 pm - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Yes it will congratulations I am rooting for you.

NotOldMomma
on 5/10/17 9:35 am

Hi Blondie, I keep seeing everyone talk about this 2 week liquid diet, but so far my surgeon hasn't said anything to me about it. They did put me on a 800cal lo carb diet 4/26, since then I've lost almost 20# and they told me yesterday my surgery date will be around 6/9. I wonder if they gave me this diet instead of that liquid diet? That sounds hard. Maybe they say 2 weeks cause they figure most people are going to cheat a little anyway? Is it clear liquids or just any liquids? There are some really good cream soups I know I could eat for 2 weeks if it weren't for the high sodium content, I'm not allowed salt. I would probably be stuffing myself with sugar free jello and popsicles lol, Keep your eye on the prize. Put a picture of some hot chick in a bikini on the fridge to remind yourself not to eat cause that WILL be YOU! WOOT WOOT! GooD LucK!

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES STARTS WITH A SINGLE STEP. ......

QC_Blondie
on 5/10/17 11:15 am
Revision on 05/23/17

I think every surgeon has different plans. A lot of them prefer the liquid diet because it shrinks the liver. That is supposed to make the surgery safer. Now I know they will definitely put you on a 2 week liquid diet after surgery. You have to allow the stomach time to heal. You also absolutely don't want to cheat. I just feel like if you can't stick to a liquid diet for a short amount of time you won't have the discipline to stick with a lifetime of healthy changes. I'm no expert but that's just how I think. It's not clear liquids only. You can do 3 protein shakes a day, broth, tomato soup, sugar free popsicles, crystal light, 1 cup diet v8. You can't do cream soup because of sugar and sodium. It has to be all sugar free. With my VSG surgery years ago I had to do a 3 day liquid diet it wasn't bad at all. You just have to put your mind in the right frame. Congrats on losing weight already, that's fantastic! June 9th will be here before you know it.

NotOldMomma
on 5/10/17 2:23 pm, edited 5/10/17 7:24 am

Thanks and good luck yourself but this is probably going to be a walk in the park for you since you already know what to expect. I'm sure you'll do great! You got what 2 days down already? Yay!

Abeille
on 5/11/17 12:00 pm
RNY on 06/12/17

My surgeon is requiring a liquid diet also. I'm not looking forward to it, but I am determined to get through it. It will be worth it. I see your surgery will be June 9. I am scheduled for June 12. We should keep in touch! Also, I am brand new here. Can you please tell me how to get the weight loss ticker you have at the bottom of your post? Thanks!

NotOldMomma
on 5/11/17 2:18 pm

hi, Abeille, yes, awesome. I'm sending you a friend request, and also look up at the top right corner you'll see a plus sign and immediately to the left of it is a little gear looking thing, the settings tab, click on it and scroll down to ticker. I think u have to go to health tracker to add like hw, sw, gw, that kind of stuff, I just keep exploring and finding things lol

Abeille
on 5/18/17 1:00 pm
RNY on 06/12/17

Thank you! Your surgery date is getting closer (and mine is just after yours!). I am sooo excited. I had my last visit with the surgeon yesterday. I'm so ready. I wish I could have it done today!

Most Active
Recent Topics