Issues arising don't know if surgery is good option at this time

unagordita
on 5/18/17 5:08 pm

My surgeon had me do some blood work and so did my primary doctor, I found out I have a thyroid issue, which shows I'm deficient in calcium and vitamin D. My blood pressure tends to be beyond the normal low. So I'm concerned with these issues before having a revision which is scheduled for June 28th. My bariatric surgeon didn't pay attention to how low my blood pressure was the day I saw him. That being said I feel one has to make sure they're ready to have such a major surgery which could have an impact on my overall health. Anyone have these type of issues and how did you resolve them?

airbender
on 5/20/17 5:55 am

I would continue with your surgery. I had to have my thyroid removed months after my revision. I would have your thyroid evaluated, while pursing your revision. most thyroid surgeons do a needle biopsy in the office, I also had an ultrasound etc (then surgical removal) keep both paths open while you get answers, till you have all your answers don't close any doors, wait till you get all your information, then take it from there and maybe you will have to wait, but it is too soon to decide that.

wishing you good health

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Most Active
Recent Topics