Nothing Tastes Good Anymore

LynneT
on 5/23/17 7:35 am
Revision on 03/21/17

Hi everyone. I've been through a lot since my revision in March of this year, five hospital stays and three surgeries counting the revision, multiple complications. The complications really started in August 2016 and led to the revision in the first place from a VSG and included nausea and pain with eating.

Well, at this point I'm noticing that things just do not taste right at all. I'm having a very hard time with protein drinks and even broths or anything because everything just tastes awful. I'm worried because this is making it hard for me to get my protein and nutrition in.

Does anyone have any advice at all? Is this common? Thanks.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/23/17 4:53 pm

call the doc. Sometimes change in taste indicate minerals or vitamin deficiencies or excess.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Suzanne_Paulette
on 5/30/17 12:27 pm - Lamonte, MO

That happened after my initial surgery 6/2011. I am now soon getting a revision rny- rny due to a fistula that needs closed. Shakes were out of the question. The textures, the taste of protein (soy, whatever) sickened me. I got by on bullion cubes, sf juices, and sf flavored gelatin to hide my time before I could turn to soft foods. It seems like forever, but it is such a short period of time.... You can do it! I'm getting ready within the next 2 weeks to do it again myself &am saying these things to hear them myself! You will make it!

Most Active
Recent Topics