Weight loss since revision

QC_Blondie
on 5/30/17 3:47 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

Hey Everyone!

I'm a week post op and feeling pretty good. Still some soreness in my chest and stomach. I saw the Dr today and everything looks good. He even said I could move to soft foods today which I was super excited about. Right now I'll be very happy to not see any soup for awhile! :)

So my question is what was your weight loss like with revision? When I came home from the hospital I had put on some weight from all the fluids. At my weigh in today I'd lost 13lbs since then, 4lbs from fluids. I was thrilled with that, I didn't lose that much when I'd had my sleeve originally. My dr on the other hand said my weight loss wasn't as good as it would have been had this been an original surgery. Which I get but he again reminded me I wouldn't lose a lot of weight this go round. My goal is to lose the 35lbs I gained last year while sick and on meds. So I am just wondering how everyone else has done with their revisions.

bruindiva92
on 5/30/17 4:38 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

QC_Blondie,

Glad to see you are doing well and feeling good. On surgery day, I weighed 200 lbs. which is 30 pounds heavier than where I had settled.

So far, I am down to 177 lbs, so a 23 lb. loss in 2 months. My final goal is 155-160. My lowest was 164. I am sure I can get the weight gain off plus 10 lbs.

QC_Blondie
on 5/30/17 5:16 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

That's amazing how well you are doing! Keep it up hottie!!! :)

Thats great to hear how well you are doing too. It's very encouraging to hear. It makes me very optimistic. The lowest I reached was 160 but I wasn't able to keep it there no matter how hard I worked out. It would be exciting to get back to that.

bruindiva92
on 5/30/17 6:23 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

You too can do this! I expect the weight loss to come to a crawl very soon so I am willing to keep at it.

cterri2
on 6/3/17 7:42 am

I am glad you're having success with your revision. I am looking forward to my revision and hope to be able to post a similar post soon. I dread the liquid phase also, there is only so much soup you can eat or drink before you tire of it. Again, Congratulations and continued success.

QC_Blondie
on 6/3/17 11:01 am
Revision on 05/23/17

Yea I really think I hate soup right now! :) on the plus side I didn't really feel like eating after surgery so that helped. Just hang in there and you'll get through it!

antionettelewis525
on 6/14/17 10:06 am - Creedmoor, NC

Hi there im seeking to get revision surgery also.Just scared because I failed the first time.I had the surgery 15 years ago and have gained 30.I had ryn gastric bypass.

QC_Blondie
on 6/19/17 10:38 am
Revision on 05/23/17

I wouldn't recommend a revision for just 30lbs. For me I had the revision due to the extreme Gerd. I was taking 3 rx's and chewing tums like crazy all day. I did gain 35 lbs last year from some medications and illness. My plan was to get back on track after I finish the meds. But I know how you feel, it is so depressing and daunting when you regain some weight. But remember you can lose it again!!! Now is the time to buckle down on your diet and workouts. Just take it a day at the time. Join the support groups and talk to people who cheer you on. Stay in contact with me and everyone here. We will support you!

GmaDiana
on 6/7/17 5:23 am

I have lost 47 lbs since my revision in Nov.It is slowing now so trying to keep exercise going.I'm 6 months post op.

antionettelewis525
on 6/14/17 10:05 am - Creedmoor, NC

Hi there Im interested in revision surgery also.I have gained 30 pounds back and depressed as I can be.

Most Active
Recent Topics