Gerd question

Wendi74
on 6/29/17 12:29 pm
VSG on 10/14/15

Has anyone had an upper GI not show reflux but the endoscopy definitely shows reflux?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/29/17 1:56 pm

upper Gi barium swallow show not reflux - table tilt. But endoscopy showed inflammation and biopsy show Barrett esophagus.

Since i had RNY - my gastro is not sure what is going on. I think it is food allergies - to something that we can't test.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

stacyrg
on 7/5/17 12:40 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Sorry for my delay. My upper GI did not show any reflux. When I questioned my surgeon he told me it's because the test only shows one moment in time. The test that definitely shows reflux is the manometry and pH testing. I did it for 24 hours and it records the number of reflux events you have in that time period. The test showed I spent about 30% of the 24 hour period with elevated acid and that it was calculated at 409% higher than normal. If you want a conclusive test, according to my surgeon, that's the one to have.

Most Active
Recent Topics