Thinking about a Revision - thoughts?

Linram1960
on 8/6/17 5:53 am
DS on 10/30/17

My surgeon is the one who set the guidelines.You Have to do the same requirements for the DS as you did for the first surgery.Plus I will have to be in a totally liquid diet for 1 week before the DS .I didn't have to do that the first time .

yasulh
on 8/6/17 8:57 am - Augusta, GA

Thank you. My insurance set the requirements of the 6 mos diet last time, which I did with my PCP. I do have a different insurance provider this time, so I am not exactly sure what to expect. Their medical policy is vague for revisions.

RNY 11/15/2010

HW 280ish

SW (after 6 month diet) 247

Lowest post-surgery 183

Current 241

Considering revision to DS - have appointment 8/15/2017

Linram1960
on 8/7/17 12:32 pm
DS on 10/30/17

Federal Blue cross /Blue shield

hrussinko
on 8/7/17 4:18 am - Franklin, NJ

I am starting the 6 months of nutritional visits this month. They didn't mention seeing a psychiatrist for me. Although, they are starting to schedule some of my appointments for the endoscopy and me I. I spoke to my Aunt and she is more than supportive with the revision. So is my sister. Thank goodness. I thought I would be going at this thing alone. I have my fingers crosses for you too! I am sure everything will go well :)

Linram1960
on 8/7/17 5:49 am
DS on 10/30/17

Good luck with your journey.I will keep you posted with my progress.

dcopehp
on 11/13/17 10:49 pm - New York, NY

Congrats! It looks like you had your surgery. How are you doing?

Linram1960
on 11/14/17 2:12 am
DS on 10/30/17

Actually my DS got postponed until Jan 10.My surgeon had a medical issue of his own and I had to switch to his associate and his first available date was Jan 105th.I was a little upset but things happen for a reason.

dcopehp
on 11/14/17 10:41 pm - New York, NY

I'm glad you've been rescheduled but can imagine how disappointing it might be when you're sooooo ready to move forward.

did you originally have Rny? Since I'm still searching for the right surgeon, I was looking at yours and it doesn't say the do the rny revision to the traditional DS. PA would be a lot closer the CA if they do!

Linram1960
on 11/15/17 2:27 am
DS on 10/30/17

Yes I had open gastric bypass 13 Yes ago.My surgeon and Abington hospital in Abington Pa are one of the few that perform DS.I am really ready to get this done.If you have any additional questions please ask.

dcopehp
on 11/13/17 10:49 pm - New York, NY

How are things going with getting your revision? I'm thinking of going to see your surgeon. The visits I've had in NYC have been frustrating.

Before I drive out even further, do you know if Dr. Bilof does:

1. the Hess method of deciding the length of common channel?
  2. A revision as a one or two step surgery?
  3. and, who he trained with?

Have the submitted to your insurance yet?

Hope your tests have been going well!

Most Active
Recent Topics