Got my approval, date

racemomss
on 8/8/17 1:50 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Hey y'all. I have heard from my surgeon. The insurance approved me and my official date is Aug 24th at 7 am. They are saying at least 6 hours to be working on me. I can't lie I am nervous. I am doing all the final food meals... Yes like before only now I know I cannot ever put them back in my diet. It is hard and I am worried about this liquid diet that is for two weeks starting this Friday! I only had a week on the first one. I am looking for some suggestions on protein shakes that give you the full feeling and taste good. I am currently only able to tolerate the Premier Protein and Pure Protein.. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I have 2 teenage boys at home I am both mom/dad to these kids. Its gonna be a test of my willpower...

Doriam R.
on 8/8/17 8:18 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

What are you having done???

racemomss
on 8/9/17 6:43 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I am having a hiatal hernia repaired, gallbladder removed, and a revision from sleeve to a bypass but they are removing all excess stomach usually left in because I am having ulcers not healing and they feel it should just all be removed. I seem to go to the extreme on my surgies lol.

Doriam R.
on 8/9/17 10:00 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Wow that is a lot

best of luck with all of those procedures!!!!

will be praying for you!!

ladygodiva1228
on 8/9/17 10:55 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Do they know why you are getting ulcers? Honestly I would be concerned about that more than anything. If they remove the excess stomach and you continue to have ulcers you will have no stomach left for them to do any type of correction with. It could very well be life threatening.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

stacyrg
on 8/9/17 2:34 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I agree that they should find the cause of the ulcers, but in reality, she doesn't have much of a stomach left as it is, revising from VSG to RNY. I don't know that I'd be overly concerned about having my remnant removed I know my sleeve held 75-80 ccs, my pouch holds 50-60 ccs (and was made small since my surgeon believes a smaller pouch minimizes acid reflux which is why I revised). Not much there to use if any issues arise.

Mary S.
on 8/9/17 4:31 am - Eden Prairie , MN
VSG on 05/15/17
Congratulations! Try not to worry too much about liquid diet, after 3 days it really isn't bad. Use broth too, some change ups, I like green tea macha, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and I use Fairlife milk, less carbs and more protein, blend with ice until milk shake consistency. I love PP banana cream and strawberry cream. Stay busy and the time will fly by. And I probably shouldn't say this, but when I was REALLY hungry and needed to chew, I took a small bite of jerky and chewed it and then spit it out. Whatever works. I am so happy I had my revision and feel great. Best of luck to you!!!

Original surgery 12/5/06 - 238

VSG 5/15/17 - SW 213.5, CW 203.5, GW 140

racemomss
on 8/9/17 6:44 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Oh I am so glad to know I am not the only one thinking of doing that when it gets bad. I have some birthday celebrations coming up with friends so it will be challenging going out. I really just want the time to fly by fast.

Virgie Tschirhart
on 8/9/17 7:40 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi racemomss, Congrats on your surgery date!!! May there be no problems or complications, may you have a good, speedy recovery, have permanent weight loss and the best of health.

Thanks for sharing!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Most Active
Recent Topics