Lab results

racemomss
on 9/20/17 10:14 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to find an end to my mental beat down. I got my lab results back and it shows my Iron levels are low. They are at 37. So I am getting a prescription for that. Also I am low in Vitamin D slightly so they are upping my daily dose from 5000 to 8000. Do you think this should help my unable to fall asleep and anxiety, sadness, and overall wanting to sleep my life away during the day? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

azmichy
on 9/20/17 12:00 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

I hope it does help. I know that when my blood sugar was out of whack it caused me to have horrible issues with the same symptoms you have. I've battled it my entire life and I know that any "changes" in my body or when I feel off it can spiral me out of control with anxiety.

I have recently employed some cognitive behavioral techniques for anxiety. I actually found a few pod casts and items on-line. Also, when I have issues with sleeping I due meditative or relaxation music on my iphone. It really works.

Good luck!

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

star dust
on 9/23/17 2:40 pm - Cumberland, RI
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/01/16

When I was severly aneimic my low iron caused very restless sleep, itching, depression and anxiety and eventually pica. I would get infusions if iron through Dana Farber cancer center which made my symptoms go away completely within 7 days. However, because I was menstrating and loosing more blood each month than what my iron could make to replace, it was a constant effort to stay well and I eventually had a hysterectomy which fixed my iron issues.

racemomss
on 9/23/17 3:23 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Thank you for sharing! This has been tough. I logically know I had to get revised but never wanted the bypass. I'm hoping that once the iron gets built back up I will feel back to myself. I had a hysterectomy in February which is where my issues were discovered. 4 weeks out now and hopefully will find my energy again .

Most Active
Recent Topics