SURGERY DATE FOR REVISION!

drizz75
on 10/7/17 9:21 am, edited 10/7/17 9:28 am

That was fast! I was approved on the first try through BCBS. Revison date scheduled with Dr. Caruana (Buffalo, NY) for November 20th.

Original surgery was open RNY Gastric Bypass, and now I believe he is performing a revision to the distal small bowel bypass by shortening the common channel to add some malabsorbtion into the game. They did not do this when I had my surgery 15 years ago, and a lot of research has been done since with the hormones centered in this length of bowel and weight loss. I'll clarify and will edit this if needed.

They offered me October 23rd, but I needed to give my work time to find a sub and to get off of hormonal birth control.

Bought a couple tubs of Bariatric Fusion protein powder today, making bone broth and generally getting mentally prepared for the prospect of 10 days of the liver reduction diet and being on clear liquids for Thanksgiving. (No turkey smoothies. lol)

Super excited, as I've been trying to get a revision for about 7 years.

Tisipoohbear
on 10/8/17 8:28 pm - Richmond, VA

I'm very happy for you, I am pushing for a revision and my Dr is confident this will happen in Jan 2018. Much success in your journey.

RHONDA

drizz75
on 10/9/17 3:32 pm

Thanks so much! You too!

Lyn S.
on 10/12/17 9:59 am - Flint, MI

Hi Driss75! Congrats on your approval. I also had an open rny 15 years ago as well. I had 2 children after and I wish I would have waiting to do my surgery until after they were born. Any who, I have a consult at the end of this month to see what my options are as far as a revision goes. Can I ask what your requirements were to get your revision? I live in Michigan and have BCBS. Im sure it varies by state. And, were you back to the original weight you were when you had your original surgery? I am not at the weight I was but I am at a BMI of 35 which I guess is the minimum requirement to get a revision.

Most Active
Recent Topics