RE: post op revision GB to mal-Bp SICK OF SOUP

tharrell2005
on 12/12/17 9:41 am

I need some 2nd Wk post op alternatives to soup. I am hungry all the time still which, I thought would stop after my revision surgery. I feel like I'm ready for solids, I see my doctor on Friday so I will ask her what she thinks. But, I have my protein in the morning with a scoop of PB2 and cinnamon, then a drinkable soup 2 hour later, but I am still experiencing hunger. I am at a loss, PLEASE HELP.

hollykim
on 12/14/17 5:41 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 12, 2017 at 5:41 PM Pacific Time, tharrell2005 wrote:

I need some 2nd Wk post op alternatives to soup. I am hungry all the time still which, I thought would stop after my revision surgery. I feel like I'm ready for solids, I see my doctor on Friday so I will ask her what she thinks. But, I have my protein in the morning with a scoop of PB2 and cinnamon, then a drinkable soup 2 hour later, but I am still experiencing hunger. I am at a loss, PLEASE HELP.

are you drinking a minimum of 64+ ounces of calorie free liquid daily?

Dehydration mimics hunger.

tharrell2005
on 12/14/17 2:20 pm

not quite 64 possibly 32-48 getting close, im only 2 wks out so im working on it. Do you have any suggestions to get the water in per day?

hollykim
on 12/14/17 2:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 14, 2017 at 10:20 PM Pacific Time, tharrell2005 wrote:

not quite 64 possibly 32-48 getting close, im only 2 wks out so im working on it. Do you have any suggestions to get the water in per day?

get a shot glass or a plastic med cup if you got one from the hospital, like the kids liquid Tylenol plastic measuring cup and drink minimum one of those every 15 mons while awake.

you have to be sipping constantly the whole time you are awake. You should have something on your hand drinking all the time.

Most Active
Recent Topics