Sleeve to Bypass Revision

analule84
on 2/16/18 12:45 pm
VSG on 06/30/15

Okay, I can deal with soreness. I am just afraid of nausea and dizziness that I have heard some people experience. I lost tons of hair with my sleeve, about 6 months in. I wonder if I will experience that again. About how much can you eat now?

apw0
on 2/16/18 7:53 pm - Doylestown, PA

Well, being only 2 weeks out from surgery, I'm still in the pureed food stage, so when I do eat, it's only about a cup or so. I have been nauseous, but the zofran really helps. I haven't been dizzy at all.

Sunsetluv
on 2/22/18 7:47 pm

Hi Annette

I totally agree with finding this forum, I go in tomorrow morning to see my Dr . for revision the gastro sleeve. I got my sleeves on Jan7, 2015.I went from 230 to 160 but life happens, my father pass, my sister came down with a terminal illness so my weight start goes up and down like a yo-yo. I fast, diet smoothies, I would lose but gain back more. I was at the point to have lipo that's how desperate I was until I was reading about your struggle that gave me hope that I was not alone, I love my Dr. and the staff is sweet I called today in tears and I'm going to see him tomoorow.

Ccjools50
on 2/15/18 4:34 am
VSG on 10/06/16

Just had it done and so pleased with outcome so far. Previously had a lot of reflux with sleeve. All gone now?

i had my first procedure in Mexico and experienced a lot of pain, vomiting and reflux post surgery. Glad to say my revision in Canada was smooth sailing with minimal well managed pain and no other symptoms.

vsg2rny
on 2/15/18 8:11 am
Revision on 02/26/18

I am having my revision done on 2/26/18 due to reflux. Glad to hear it's gone. Hope it works for me

mamatothree
on 2/15/18 5:57 pm - Charleston, SC

I had a sleeve in 2011. I lost 95# and was doing great for about 4 years. I started having GI problems and through a series of tests over a year and a half, I discovered I had severe silent reflux. I was eating to compensate for the pain and gained back 50 of my 95, no matter how hard I stuck to the diet. I went for an annual check up and my surgeon suggested that I needed a revision. I had my sleeve converted to a RNY on 12/26. Sufficed to say, it has not been an easy recovery. On the day of surgery, I weighed 208. Today, I weigh 181. The weight loss has been great and my reflux is gone. That's the positive. The negative is that one of the surgical sites developed an abscess that grew to be 4 cm deep in a very short period of time (like 5 days!). I ended up back in the hospital on IV antibiotics for 6 days. After discharge, I was sent home with oral antibiotics for the next 14 days. Two weeks later, I started having horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. Turns out, I have CDiff infection. (TAKE PROBIOTICS FOR 10 WEEKS AFTER FINISHING ANTIBIOTICS!) My husband came down with the flu last week. I ended up in the ER on Saturday morning with dehydration and now it turns out I have the flu. Because of the CDiff, I haven't been able to eat. I went in to see my surgeon today for a check up and now he thinks I might have an ulcer. Because of the CDiff, they can't do a scope and actually determine if it is an ulcer but they are treating me as if it really is one.

My whole point in telling you all of this is not to scare you but to just know that while my first recovery was super easy and smooth, I didn't anticipate that this time around would be any different. Just be prepared.

The ultimate goal of the elimination of the reflux, however, was productive. Goodluck!

Johari22
on 3/6/18 7:30 pm - San Antonio, TX

Glad to read that you are doing much better. I too am suffering from GERD. Was also advised to get the bypass.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

Johari22
on 2/20/18 7:45 pm - San Antonio, TX

I saw my Dr. today. He suggested a resleeve, bypass or DS. I was sleeved on 03/30/11 and only lost 60 lbs. I have a similar story as a person on this thread. No matter what I did, was losing inches but no weight...ugh...

Went and got a 2nd opinion, which was today. I have severe GERD and so want this to go away.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

unagordita
on 3/21/18 9:20 pm

I had the sleeve 6/13, did great for 3 years the last two I've gained weight, and have severe acid reflux, it's gotten worse and my surgeon agreed to do the revision. I was scared to have it done last year so now I have no other choice. I hope and pray everything will go well. I should be scheduled in June.

GmaDiana
on 2/27/18 6:12 am

I was revised from sleeve to bypass.Due to severe Gerd.I have lost another 62 lbs in 1 year.So worth not having Gerd anymore and losing more weight.

Most Active
Recent Topics