Revision Surgery at Mexico???

TomasL
on 2/23/18 10:48 am

Hi everybody!

Is anyone considering revision surgery at Mexico?

if so, what is important to consider? Is Monterrey, Mexico an option? other places?

I understand that the doctor would require a greater expertise, what should be the minimum requirements?

who should I consider? red flags to watch out?

Costs?

Many thanks for the support!

MarinaGirl
on 2/23/18 1:00 pm

There are some highly qualified revision surgeons in Mexico (e.g. Mexicali or Tijuana). What surgery did you have originally, why do you think you need a revision, and what surgery do you want to revise to?

TomasL
on 2/26/18 9:00 am

I had a gastric band and didn´t got to my ideal weight...I believe that mainly it was my fault due to the type of foods I like...a bariatric doctor in the US recommended gastric bypass but his prices are out of my budget.

A friend of mine recommended Dr. Rumbaut from Monterrey...it seems he is very qualified and I am about to schedule a phone call with him to see what he thinks about my current options.

Have you heard about him? What do you think about Mty?

jennhales
on 2/23/18 6:37 pm - lehi, UT

I am considering revision with dr corvala. So far the reviews are positive. I had a friend who had lap band at the hospital he works at and she says its a good facility.

Jen

L. Knight
on 3/11/18 4:25 am
VSG on 07/28/09 with

Hi Tomasl I had revision surgery in Mexico with doctor alejandro Lopez in Tijuana Mexico. He specializes in revision and hands down he is simply the best as well as his entire staff. The cost of the revision to Gastric bypass was $6800. The hospital and recovery rooms are state of the art.

L. Knight
on 3/11/18 4:26 am
VSG on 07/28/09 with

Hi Tomasl I had revision surgery in Mexico with doctor alejandro Lopez in Tijuana Mexico. He specializes in revision and hands down he is simply the best as well as his entire staff. The cost of the revision to Gastric bypass was $6800. The hospital and recovery rooms are state of the art.

Most Active
Recent Topics