Going from Lapband to DS...

Tyreebme
on 3/7/18 3:55 pm

I'm looking to converse with people willing to share the ins and outs. ups and downs of the revision. Me and my Surgeon won't set a date til about April. But im sooo tired of the Dumping Syndrome. Ive had it for ten years. And my daughter is getting older and wants to do things with me. So I'm trying to do stuff with her til she gets to the point she doesn't want to hang with her parents. Plus my band has not worked in year. majority my fault. But Everything I needed to eat, I could never keep down. Its been years since I've been on this site, And hoping to connect with people on the same ride as me.

peachpie
on 3/8/18 12:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm neither a revision or a DS or lap band patient- so I'm not on the same ride as you, but are you calling your inability to keep food down dumping syndrome? I've never really heard the term dumping syndrome associated with the band. Reflux, or regurgitation, from a tight band/scar tissue is more common.

Are you susre your surgeon will do the entire DS procedure in one operation? I've heard many who want to sleeve you first, then follow-up with the 2nd part of the procedure. A Sleeve could leave you with continued reflux though.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

KayLavonne
on 3/13/18 1:58 pm

I thought that dumping is the explosive, painful pooping that comes with the bypass or the DS. From my understanding, dumping syndrome would increase with DS. Also, as previously stated, since DS is a 2 stage operation, then the sleeve could increase acid reflux. I had the sleeve and i get acid reflux really bad. This is why I am considering doing a bypass versus DS.

monkeypox72
on 3/22/18 7:10 pm - Weston, OR

I had the band placed in 2009 then had it removed last March because I couldn't keep the good food down but had no problems eating cookies and other junk. There was no rhyme or reason to what i could keep down on a given day. Getting the band removed was the best thing I ever did. No more throwing up, thick saliva eroding my tooth enamal and my hair started growing in thicker. Having said that, I had the RNY in January and love it. The only time I had poopy dumping was when I drank only a pint of milk for breakfast, needless to say that had my intestine churning. Now I just pay more attention to the heavy fat content of what I eat and haven't had any problems. Good luck with your revision, I know way too many people who the band just didn't work for them.

Most Active
Recent Topics