Had A ERNY in 2009 looking for some answers

jrolfson2000
on 4/27/18 3:25 pm

I wanted to post for all of you who have been toying with the idea of having an ERNY or also known as Distal Gastric Bypass.

I had mine in 2009. The weight loss was slow but steady for the first 2 years. I ate and ate and ate and the weight dropped off. I experienced most of the nasty side affects from ERNY...Potty issues, Vitamin Loss, etc., sluggish, leg aches. However, I've notice this past year the potty issues are less and less almost normal unfortunately and pretty sure my vitamin levels are better as my hair is thicker, nails are more healthy and I'm starting to show some weight gain but remember this is after 11 years of post surgery. I started my ERNY at 220 lbs and had maintained 136 for the past 4-5 years. I actually went as low as 125 lbs. But for me that is too thin. My comfort zone is 136 lbs. I'm now up to 144 and Im starting to panic as I don't ever want to get above 145 again in my life. I'm not sure though that I have that control as the past 11 years I could just eat anything I wanted and the weight just dropped off, especially if I ate fat laden meals as with this surgery you do not absorb but about 20% of the fat you eat. Sadly not the case anymore. I believe I have been one of the lucky ones when it comes to this procedure. As many of the people I knew here on OH had the surgery done and had to have it revised due to extreme vitamin loss and extreme potty issues. Much of it had to do with how short or long the surgeon left their common channel. My was set at 75 cm I believe. But I never knew for sure. But as in most WLS the honeymoon season does come to an end at some point and you have to be responsible for your diet and exercise. I believe I have hit my point now.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that had the ERNY and if they are as far as 11 years past surgery date. I would like to know their experiences with the procedure.

Thank you.

Janie

Thank you.

Janie

dcopehp
on 4/28/18 7:00 am - New York, NY

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate hearing more about your experience.

Most Active
Recent Topics