Stuck

Mary F.
on 5/9/18 12:36 pm - East Windsor, NJ

I was a successful lap band person for 11 years! Lost about 85 pounds. My surgeon committed suicide about 6 years ago and I had to find a surgeon to regulate my fills/unfills. I found one who happened to be good friends with my original surgeon. He took my insurance and all was well. Then my band slipped... not the kind where they unfill it and it goes back into place slippage either.... It had to be removed, emergency surgery. My insurance covered it. Doctor said no conversion until my stomach heals (it was in bad shape) 2 months... then the clock starts ticking and we have 90 days to have the revision to sleeve. Well, 2 months later (after kicking the office manager in the butt to file) I get denied... go to peer to peer and get denied again. Find out my doctor is actually now out of network (I didn't know he dropped my insurance) and UH will not cover bariatric surgery for an out of network surgeon period.
Now I am trying to find a new doctor and no one will even look at me because my BMI is 27 and climbing. Even though my surgery is supposed to be a conversion or revision. It was supposed to be easy my doctor said.
One office even had the nerve to tell me to start drinking protein drinks! WTF???
I am talking to another surgeon tomorrow to see if maybe he will have a conversation with my doctor.

I want to stick a fork in my eye as a struggle every day with food.

Mary

Mary F.
on 5/14/18 9:04 pm - East Windsor, NJ

I found a surgeon that takes my insurance, will talk with my current surgeon as they operate in the same hospital and he is submitting my paperwork for revision to the insurance.
Fingers crossed for me please... I need this for my sanity. Gained 30 pounds in 3 months since band removal.

bethmal
on 5/16/18 4:42 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

That really stinks! I sure hope that you are able to find a doctor to help you and that takes your insurance.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Mary F.
on 5/16/18 4:49 pm - East Windsor, NJ

My insurance is the problem! I found someone.... they deny

Most Active
Recent Topics