So many questions...

MarquitaD
on 6/14/18 11:20 pm
RNY on 07/06/12

Hi all! I'm so glad I found this site... and I'm hoping for some enlightenment. I had a RNY in 2012 my starting weight was 406lbs and I had dangerous type 2 diabetes among other health issues. Now I'm clear of the diabetes and some of the issues I had and success getting the weight down at first. My lowest was 255 but now I'm back up to 301 and my weight bounces between 280 and 315. I have had trouble with vomiting from about a week after surgery. It almost seemed like as soon as food touched my tongue my stomach would begin to revolt. I don't vomit as much as I used to but it's still about once a week sometime if I'm luck not at all. I still get nauseous some days that I don't wven look at food and I know it's bad to not eat but I just can't stomach it. With some other problems I have vomiting is so painful I would rather not eat the deal with it. At this point I just don't know what to do. I'm concerned about the vomiting and the weight gain, sleeplessness, but terrible lethargy and a host of other things. A friend mentioned getting a revision to deal with the weight gain but I don't know if that's something to even think about until I figure out everything else. I don't even know if there is a question in here... I think I just need to vent to someone who may understand my struggles. Thanks for listening.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/18/18 4:43 am

I think figuring out what really is going on is more important than just weight gain.

Throwing up is not OK if it happens regulary. It is not normal or healthy.

At the same time - I get nausea rather often. I get prescription for nausea meds to help me deal with that. But I know what causes my nausea, some meds I am on. So taking nausea meds helps me from dry heaving. I am not happy about it, but it is what it is.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

kmsbanr
on 6/27/18 8:52 am - CT
RNY on 04/10/12

Have you had a work up whi*****ludes an endoscopy. This is not normal. After more than 2 yrs without any problems after gastric bypass I have had problems with ulcers, GI bleeds, pain and food intolerance. I have a problem with non absorb-able sutures and staples moving into my intestine at the anastomosis. I hope things improve for you soon.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/27/18 11:49 am

I think you meant to replay to OP instead of me.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

kmsbanr
on 6/29/18 8:46 am - CT
RNY on 04/10/12

Hi! I'm sorry you are having this struggle. What does your surgeon say? Have you had a work up whi*****ludes an endoscopy. This is not normal. After more than 2 yrs without any problems after gastric bypass I have had problems with ulcers, GI bleeds, pain and food intolerance. I have a problem with non absorb-able sutures and staples moving into my intestine at the anastomosis. I hope things improve for you soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics