Update on Band to Bypass Surgery

Lunachick
on 7/26/18 11:44 am

Hello all,

I haven't written lately but I do come out here and read what's all going on several times a week.

I am scheduled for surgery on August 7th!!! I had my Pre-Op Class this morning and have my Pre-Op physical tomorrow morning. I leave for family vacation on Monday and come back on Saturday then I'm in for surgery on Tuesday. It feels like this week, my last week at work for 5 1/2 weeks, is going soooooo slow. I have a few things to finish up and then I have people covering for me while I'm gone.

Everything is going really well and I'm very excited and nervous for surgery day. I feel a little less nervous this time than I did for my Band surgery. I suppose because I know what to expect...kind of. I'm looking forward to getting through recovery and moving forward into the next chapter. Good things are coming!!

Kelly

Jersgirl
on 7/30/18 2:49 pm

Hello, i just found this forum as ive been looking for some help. I hsve had the lapband for 8 yrs and in the first year and a half i went from 225 to 135. Ive regained some back snd am now up to 170 with some issues. I cant eat solid foods and i am having abdomanal pain. I called a doctor because my surgeon is no longer practicing and i have an appointment tomorrow. Im hoping to get a revision. Hoping yours goes well. Good luck.

pineview01
on 7/31/18 2:35 pm - Davison, MI

Mayo and many surgeons are taking out more bands than placing them. You have done awesome with yours. I had mine removed a long time ago and was sleeved a few years ago. Our center and therapist told us to ride it to the bottom because regain to some degree is normal.

I wish you good luck with your appointment getting my revision was the best thing ever.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

sparty
on 8/6/18 5:12 pm
Revision on 08/16/18

Good luck tomorrow!

I hope everything goes smoothly and that you have a speedy recovery.

Band to RNY 8/16/18

HW: 299 (Pre-LB), RNY Consult: 260, SW: 248, GW: 145 (reached 3/31), New Goal: 130, CW: 133.0

Pre-op: -13, M1: -20, M2: -15, M3: -15, M4: -15, M5: -13, M6: -13, M7: -9, M8: -9, M9: -3, M10:

Lunachick
on 8/6/18 5:43 pm

Oh thank you! I'm full of anxiety and worry right now. I'm due at the hospital at 515am tomorrow so that means I need to be on the road by 345am. Surgery is scheduled for 730am. Should be out of the OR by 11 or so. Praying for smooth sailing throughout the day.

I'll check in at some point.

Thanks again!

Most Active
Recent Topics