New to this ....

Tasha2341
on 9/5/18 5:13 pm
Revision on 07/23/18
  1. Hi everyone .... I m very new I am usually the person just reading everyone else's story and never commenting well I had the lap band back in 2012 got down to my lowest weight of 240 my band slipped in 2016 and started gaining pounds from then I got back up to 303 recently got the gastric sleeve on July 23rd 2018 and I'm at 267 ... my problem is I'm stuck im not losing weight for the past 2 weeks I have been at the same size and I have no one to talk to about it... I feel so discouraged I don't know what to do... I am eating healthy and exercising 4 to 5 times out the week ... can someone give me some incentive on what is happening.....
kimiam
on 9/5/18 5:55 pm - riverside, CA

Just keep pushing . Most likely you are still losing inches try taking your measurements . It will pass , our bodies try and hold onto the fat , it will pass

Tasha2341
on 9/5/18 6:13 pm
Revision on 07/23/18

Thank u so much... I have none in my life that knows what i am gookg thru ... this has really helped

ladygodiva1228
on 9/6/18 4:45 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

There is the three week stall that usually happens three weeks post op, but sometimes it might be a little longer.

What does your daily menu look like? Are you drinking plenty of water?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Tasha2341
on 9/6/18 5:07 am
Revision on 07/23/18

I usually do a protein shake for breakfast and then a protein and and veggie for lunch and I have been skipping dinner because of how late I get home... my water intake could be better ...

animallover1247
on 9/6/18 2:36 pm

You will have periods like this. I went an entire month without losing any weight. Yes it is discouraging but it's part of the process. Iost 90 percent of my excess weight with the sleeve .

Donna L.
on 9/8/18 9:55 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Make sure to get your protein in at night...you will need it to heal from surgery too, as it takes months to heal fully. Keep drinking :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

MarinaGirl
on 9/8/18 7:10 am

Getting in a MINIMUM of 64 oz of water a day is crucial. You should carry around a water bottle with you to ensure proper hydration.

Are you weighing your food and tracking everything you're consuming in an app like MyFitnessPal? If your stall goes on for awhile (3+ weeks), you may be consuming too many calories for continual weight loss. As we get smaller, our bodies require less calories to maintain our weight.

Lastly, most people's weight loss after surgery follows a stair step pattern, meaning you lose some then stall for a period then start losing again. The key is to not become frustrated during the plateaus such that you start sabotaging your eating.

Donna L.
on 9/8/18 9:54 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Definitely post on the sleeve forum, too.

Weight loss gets slower the further under 300 you go. There are also stalls. Right now, make sure to drink 64 oz minimum a day, as that is one way we excrete byproducts of fat burning. Eating healthy can mean a lot of things... make sure you are protein forward. Don't bother with slider foods that are carb heavy at this point. We tend to lose faster by not eating high carb diets.

Also, hang in there

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics