Thickemz27
on 9/12/18 9:42 am, edited 9/12/18 9:52 am
Revision on 09/13/18

Hello everyone ,

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow

Highest weight 276

Lowest weight was 150

Current weight 249

It's a revision to the RNY i had done in 2009 both will be/was done laparoscopic but im a lil worried as to what i will really feel like this time around like i read up on everything and of course my dr gave me the medical talk as well but im still wondering what will i go thur.... experience wise again anyone with any stories and helpful insight Please provide

Thanx in advance

ladygodiva1228
on 9/12/18 10:24 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

What type of revision are you having done? What was the reason for having the revision (something mechanically wrong with the RNY)?

The census on things like BOB, overstich, ROSE procedure, etc are that they don't have a very high weight loss.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Thickemz27
on 9/12/18 10:32 am
Revision on 09/13/18

From what my dr advised he said that the rose procedure has a lot of failure and most insurances won't cover. So with me my pouch or stoma is stretched and what he wants to do is called a "Distal Roux-en Y gastric bypass" It is usually only considered when the patient has a very low base metabolic rate and continues with poor weight loss results despite an augmented exercise program.

Looch1126
on 3/4/19 2:49 pm

Hi Thickemz27 - I'm new to the page and am wondering how you are doing now after your bypass revision?

Thanks

Looch

misstee
on 9/18/18 7:16 pm - Detroit, MI

Hello there!

I had my original surgery in July 2008. My highest weight was 315 and my lowest was 218. Now I'm back up to 280. I'm in the process of changing my eating habits and have been exercising for the past 8 months to get the weight down. I have also been talking with my Dr. and looking into having a revision too.

I pray everything went well with your surgery and continues with your recovery. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Thickemz27
on 9/19/18 6:17 am
Revision on 09/13/18

fingers crossed for you and your journey as well . tomorrow makes a week since surgery and the day before surgery i weighed 249 and this morning i weighed myself and im 241 and extremely happy with the revision thus far my first f/u suregery will be this Saturday.

Lilac8Star
on 9/28/18 7:24 pm

Hi, which Dr. did you revision? I had gastric in '06 and band over bypass in '12 which was a terrible idea. I'm having it removed but also interested in a revision but every Dr. I've talked to says that there is nothing they can do to revise a gastric bypass. Is anyone familiar with a Dr. in the Baltimore area that actually do revisions?

Serifa
on 9/30/18 12:42 pm, edited 9/30/18 5:43 am

I am having a revision from lap band to RNY in three weeks. I'm nervous about the recovery time. I'm only telling a few family members and only taking one week off for surgery. My surgery is on a Wednesday, and I'll be back at work the following Wednesday.

I know everyone's healing is different. What was your recovery like the first week?

Looch1126
on 3/8/19 11:38 am

Hi! It's been about 6 months out from surgery, how are you doing?? Are you feeling well? Thanks for your update - it really helps us newbies! ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics