Lap Band to Gastric Sleev

rene
on 10/26/18 8:53 am - Northeast, WI

Hello,

After almost 14 years, 1 revision I found out I have to have the lap band out. I have always done well with the band, lost almost 100 lbs and kept if off over the years.. The doctor I'm seeing still does the lap band procedure but I assume they won't place it for a 3rd time. No real issues except fort the prolapses. Thinking of converting to the gastric sleeve. I have an appointment next week to find out my options. I was wondering for the people who have had this revision, is it done at the same time the band is removed? How was your experience? Any additional information would be helpful. Thank you. :)

ladygodiva1228
on 10/30/18 7:16 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I feel the sleeve is a better option if it was a first time WLS. When it comes to having the lap band and then the sleeve I have seen so many times on here that folks have to revise to the bypass due to GERD/reflux/heartburn.

I myself wanted the sleeve after having the lap band, but due to the band causing me reflux/heartburn I decided against it and went with the bypass. I have been heartburn free since then.

Also from what I have seen most people have to have it done as two separate procedures due to some damage the band has caused.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Cujordan
on 12/10/18 6:32 pm
Revision on 12/05/18

I just had the revision surgery. My lap band had slipped and my reflux was the worst. So I decided to get the sleeve. It's been 6 days. I'm sore from the port being removed. I'm still having the reflux, even though I'm still on clear liquids. i was able to have both surgeries at the same time since there was no bad scar tissue from the lap band. Those are the only problems I'm having right now.

Most Active
Recent Topics