Distal revision

Gonzo16
on 12/16/18 8:03 pm

I'm not going to make any excuses. I messed up my original RNY by not following the program and not treating my sleep apnea. I lost 170lbs and have gained all but 50 back.

There are many surgeons, and others, who do not believe in revision surgery. Nonetheless, I'm in my last month of required weight loss and I have an endoscopy scheduled in January. I'm hoping to have revision surgery shortly after the endoscopy.

I'm happy with my surgeon. Dr. Stefanides, at IU Health North Bariatrics in Carmel, IN. My original surgeon does not perform revision surgery. Dr. Stefanides has published extensively on proximal to distal revisions as well as many other aspects of bariatric surgery. He holds a Ph.D. as well as his M.D. and is a faculty member at Indiana University School of Medicine where he teaches robotic and laparoscopic surgery.

From talking to him and my own research, one of the keys it seems, it the length of revised roux limb. Given the complex nature of the procedure, I couldn't be happier with my choice of physician.

Best of luck to all of you.

Most Active
Recent Topics