Nausea solutions??

PinkGeorgiaPeach
on 1/9/19 10:47 am - Augusta, GA

Hi. I had my RNY on Nov 28, 2018 due to GERD. My VSG was May 2008. I had no nausea for 2 weeks. It was like a honeymoon. Then the last 4 weeks have been horrible. I know there can be mechanical reasons for it and I see my surgeon on Jan 15, 2019. My nutritionist wants me to add protein powder to anything I can keep down for now. My gums are bleeding and even on compazine for nausea, I get break through nausea and average about 30 grams of protein per day.

I know each of our journey's are unique and my path is not your path but it would help to know the challenges that others have faced and overcome as I believe this year is going to be very challenging year for me. I am not sorry I had it done. I am off ALL GERD medications, off Metformin, and to prepare for this surgery I was weaned off of ZOLOFT.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/13/19 6:07 am

Most likely you need PPI, antacid meds. But ginger worked miracles for me and my nausea. Even now.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

PinkGeorgiaPeach
on 1/13/19 9:57 am - Augusta, GA

I will try to post what my solution ends up being. Ii see my surgeon on Tuesday morning Jan 15 and nutrition on Thursday Jan 24. I am off of all PPI meds since surgery. Prior I was on quadruple dose of them for a full year, hence the revision to a gastric bypass. Now I am on 10 mg of Compazine 3x a day and it seems to be controlling the nausea well and allowing me to get fluids and some forms of protein down. I cannot go on like this long term though.

PinkGeorgiaPeach
on 2/8/19 7:53 am - Augusta, GA

After 6 weeks of nausea and vomiting, I was diagnosed with a gallstone trapped in the common bile duct. Exactly two months post RNY, on Jan 28, 2019 I had emergency gall bladder surgery with exploration of the common bile duct as the trapped stone had to be removed. Our physical anatomy changes make this more challenging as otherwise an ERCP scope could be used. Now I am moving forward with no nausea and finally able to advance my diet.

Most Active
Recent Topics