Do Not Know How to Feel

Looking4home
on 2/23/19 6:28 pm, edited 2/23/19 6:30 pm
Revision on 04/05/19

I am feeling overwhelrmed. I am working forward towards revision. This is hard. I see it as my last chance to become the healthiest me. I am scared and afraid to not get to my goals this time. Counseling is helping. I am realistic and understand that making good choices is key for me. I just feel some kinda why? Help

Amy R.
on 2/28/19 11:36 am
On February 24, 2019 at 2:28 AM Pacific Time, Looking4home wrote:

I am feeling overwhelrmed. I am working forward towards revision. This is hard. I see it as my last chance to become the healthiest me. I am scared and afraid to not get to my goals this time. Counseling is helping. I am realistic and understand that making good choices is key for me. I just feel some kinda why? Help

I'm sorry that you are having such a time of this. It's not at all unusual to examine and then re-examine all options when it comes to bariatric surgery. Revisions are even more of a sticky wicket and require even more research than virgin surgeries. Unless you have a medical reason requiring revision you are correct in proceeding very slowly.

Still though. There comes a time when we just have to stop the endless research and ruminating and make a decision. For the sake of your mental health if for no other reason.

If you are worrying to this extent and still feeling so unsettled I'd personally advise against another surgery right this very moment. Not forever. But maybe give yourself three to six months of following the instructions you'll have to follow anyway, whether you revise or not. Begin doing things like not drinking with meals, prioritizing protein in your eating plans, getting in a minimum 64oz of fluid, moving your body, journaling food and feelings, etc. After a few months you may your results are better than you could have imagined and decide you don't need a revision after all. Or you may decide to sign yourself right up.

So having said all that, could you please clarify how we can help you? You've got this previous thread from RnY Forum and some feedback given to that post. Are you looking for more information? just venting? wondering what other's have done and the results they've found?

We can help encourage and show what real life is like at any stage; we have many here who've had revisions and are very successful. This forum (Revision) doesn't get much traffic so you may want to head over and post in the main forum or even post again in the RnY space so you can get more feedback.

Good luck with however you choose.

Oh, and there is a forum here for losing regain. It's called Back on Track Together but I can never remember the link. It should come up in your OH search bar though.

Looking4home
on 2/28/19 8:47 pm
Revision on 04/05/19

Thank you! I am ready. There is no turning back because I don't want to. I am blessed to be able to do this revision. There is a part of me that feels a bit guilty. However, with each day my guilt less. See I am the last female in my immediate family. All dead from obesity related issues. I am not going out like that .

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, I was kinda venting and healing.

Most Active
Recent Topics