Trying for revision from RNY TO ?

toohotsista
on 3/28/19 10:51 pm - Ambridge, PA

Praying for a new rny .

toohotsista
on 3/28/19 10:58 pm - Ambridge, PA

Had RNY 1999 now need a revision to ? After 20 years no wonder.

The only thing I think that will hold me back, is my ins.

My ins says rev cannot be patients fault from stretching.

I got upper GI it says only a small amount stretched.

Here we go gotta diet until 15 May and get weighed and start the fight to get it oh boy.

Michelle.

Looking4home
on 3/31/19 1:19 am
Revision on 04/05/19

Hi Michelle

I being revised too. Mine is due to my sleeve, GERD and a hernia. I had my sleeve done in 2014. I had some regain. However, this surgery is due to the reflex and it's damage.

Why are you seeking revision? How did the first procedure go? Are you happy about doing this again.

toohotsista
on 3/31/19 8:41 am - Ambridge, PA

Hello,

I forgot to answer the big questions. RNY July 1999 start weight 330 down to 185 now 275 3-31-2019.

Yes very happy until the weight started around 2010.

I really think my RNY was a success 20 years is a long time weight gain did not start until 11 years in and I did not gain all the weight. Beyond happy about revision when is yours done ?

Michelle

Looking4home
on 3/31/19 5:45 am, edited 3/30/19 10:48 pm
Revision on 04/05/19

What part of the world do you live?

toohotsista
on 3/31/19 8:31 am - Ambridge, PA

Hello from Pittsburgh PA,

Well my prayers are answered I found a DR that does RNY revisions.

Sadly about 10 would not do a revision and 5 of that 10 only do revisions,

if there are leaks etc.

So we all know the next steps diet,see wls trained therapist, and pray my insurance pays

for it. ( Get letter of recommendation from all DR) etc.

I see a lot sleeves revised to RNY I think the reason why if they do a sleeve then

if you do not get the weight off. You have the rny, if you get the rny to start the only option is rny to rny revision or the switch.

michelle

Looking4home
on 4/7/19 3:02 pm
Revision on 04/05/19

Hi,

According to my research the revision rate is 25% to 30% for the sleeve. That doesn't take into account people who just give -up. I am happy you are taking this step for your health.

As for me, I am happy regarding the possibility of fixing my GERD and losing more weight. Life will happen. I will keep fighting .

How long will take you to get a surgery date?

toohotsista
on 4/7/19 8:27 pm - Ambridge, PA

Hello,

I often wonder why drs give the sleeve to anyone over 300?

Because every time I watch 600 lbs life they revise, the sleeve with in the year.

Also why does he not do the switch on people at 600?

Gerd is also something I swear everyone gets. The things they do not tell you at first.

My dr said 3 to 6 months if they approve it. What about you how long? Why does that dr get so

mean about losing before ? We know it is for the best but heck who can stick to a diet without any restriction anymore qeez we just need at little help. Let me know when you get approved.

toohotsista
on 4/8/19 11:58 am - Ambridge, PA

Just heard the dr requirement is 6 months then apply for surgery. So I am looking at late September.

Looking4home
on 4/8/19 5:18 pm
Revision on 04/05/19

My test results showed severe GERD. Additionally, damage to my esophagus, a hernia and other issues.

I feel like at this point there is hope for a cure and more weight loss. I have a date of mid-May. I pay alot for my insurance from work. I glad it will deal with this issue.

I am tried of feeling like.....

Most Active
Recent Topics