gastric outlet obstruction after rny

nursenannyrn1
on 4/3/19 10:13 am - ORMOND BEACH, FL

I had the lap band in Mexico in 2004 this started the whole mess, Revised to RNY 2006. Due to vomiting for 2 years, could not find a doc in the states to take care of me. I am having so many issues only can eat slider foods, wt gain 35 lbs, now even those are hard to get down. (I also have RA, which my meds cause weigth gain). Vomiting a lot, pain. Went to a new doc, really like him. I am now being worked up for gastric outlet obstruction. 4 tests being done in the next two weeks. Pending the outcome I am looking at a another surgery. I have adhesion at my old lap band port site. Not sure what he thinking. Anybody else have this kind of issues?

Amy R.
on 4/3/19 7:41 pm

Wow. I'm surprised they're waiting two weeks. Are you keeping liquids down? I've had a partial obstruction and that just about did me in. You've got to be in serious pain.

Personally I'd be pushing for faster surgery. Even if I had to resort to showing up at their office every day or heading to the ER.

If fluids are getting through I can see waiting to go through the tests (as long as there were good pain meds involved) but if you can't even hold water down you should probably be in the hospital right now.

toohotsista
on 4/7/19 8:37 pm - Ambridge, PA

So sorry you had so much go wrong . Keep your head up.

Most Active
Recent Topics