Stricture distal pouch

nursenannyrn1
on 4/13/19 8:53 am - ORMOND BEACH, FL

Lapband 2004 slipped eroded my stomach, RNY 2006, I am throwing up all the time and so hard to eat solids, I drink my calories. I had the upper GI, barium not going down, shows a stricture at the bottom of my pouch. Had a Radionuclide gastric emptying liquid study on Thursday, show that the fluids are not moving through, have the solid test on Monday. Wed I have a CT of the abdomen and a esophageal motility study with manometry. See the surgeon on Thursday to see what he is going to do. Anybody else ever had theses test and what revision did you have done?

Amy R.
on 4/14/19 2:38 pm

Did you get any helpful responses to your first post about this? I've not been on OH as much lately and so didn't see what info you were given.

A stricture at 12 years seems really unlikely, but there is always the exception that proves the rule. I'm just so very sorry to hear all you are going through.

You might use the search bar here and search for "distal bypass" or "E-Rny" or similar. There are many people *****vise from sleeve to RnY but I'm not aware of too many that go for the distal bypass. Would fixing the stricture mandate that? Because I honestly don't know.

You probably should consider posting this on the Main Board where you'll have more visibility. Or in the RnY Forum. It sounds like you won't really have your answers until your surgeon looks at your tests results. Certainly anything we can say right now is complete conjecture.

Good Luck with your tests and if you have a minute please keep us posted. =)

nursenannyrn1
on 4/14/19 2:47 pm - ORMOND BEACH, FL

I do have a stricture at the distal portion of my pouch, food is just not going through. Three more test this week. Will update once I know more.

Amy R.
on 4/14/19 8:36 pm

Wow I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. Hopefully they'll get it taken care of for you soon.

hollymom4
on 4/19/19 1:58 pm - joseph, OR

I feel for you Our stories are so close. I had lapband 2008 and had it removed 2009.rny was in January 16th of this year.mine pouch started closing about 2 weeks ago out of the blue. i have been in the hospital and er 3 to 4 times.exactly the same on everything else.broth is really getting old and it has to be thin not thick .just remember that there is somebody else that feels just like you.i will also do the same.Pain and discomfort can make you go crazy and isolated.no body truly understands what we are going thru right now.the feeling in our bodies now are not like anything that can be described.

nursenannyrn1
on 4/19/19 4:06 pm - ORMOND BEACH, FL

I am being scheduled for a revision surgery in June, he will fix my hiatal hernia, as my stomach is up in my chest, he will fix the obstruction at the distal end of my pouch and revise my pouch. Looks like a big surgery for me. Please research and find a surgeon that is VERY knowledgeable in revisions.. my doctor is, he told me that there are only two surgeons in the state that I live it that would even touch me and he is the one I found my lots of research. Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics