Looking for a Revision Surgeon

Twins-mom
on 4/13/19 6:51 pm

Can anyone recommend a top notch revision surgeon?

nursenannyrn1
on 4/14/19 9:34 am - ORMOND BEACH, FL

Mine is top notch hes in St. Augustine FL

Amy R.
on 4/14/19 2:29 pm

A lot depends on the type of revision you're looking for. And why you are revising. What was your original surgery? When was it and has it been successful? Why are you seeking revision? Do you have GERD? or do you think your stoma needs tightening? Could it be regain? What about your own surgeon? Are they refusing to do a revision or are they not as knowledgeable as you'd like your next surgeon to be? Are there complications? Knowing what you're looking at and for will help us help you.

For example, revising from RnY to DS for example is an extremely delicate procedure best performed by a seasoned DS revision surgeon . I hear only one or two names consistently, one being Dr. Ara Keshasian (sp?) who I believe is on the west coast. There are maybe two more whose names are consistently recognized and for the life of me I can't remember them, but posting this out on the main boards will get you more traffic and thus more info.

(I think Marina Girl might have some good info too if I remember correctly so you might message her also.)

Many surgeons do sleeve to RnY or similar. Post your questions in the Main Forum here and you'll get feedback, especially if you provide more details. While your gathering that anecdotal data you might consider calling the 800 number on the back of your insurance card and finding providers near you who do the surgery you're considering. You'll need an appointment to discuss everything and possibly even have to attend another surgery seminar or pre-op tests and such.

Revisions can be long and complicated processes and can be risky as well (as is any surgery). Purpose to take your time in order to get everything just right before Go time. Understand what they'd be doing to your guts enough that you could do it yourself. You'll need that info many times postop.

Keep researching and learning until you find exactly what you need. Keep an open mind on what surgery is available to you. Comorbidities and health issues may disqualify someone from what they are seeking. You just don't know until you get out there and start talking to people and reading.

I'd probably start by posting right here in the Main Forum.

Good luck and feel free to post more details. It will help you get more relevant responses.

catwoman7
on 4/14/19 7:25 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I think Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco is the other major one than RNY-to-DS patients use.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy R.
on 4/14/19 8:35 pm

THATS the name! Thanks.

It also seems there is someone in the Midwest. But yes, Dr. Rabkin is the other one out here.

michele035
on 4/23/19 5:13 am - PA

I am having revision with Dr. Greenbaum of Virtua in NJ. He is top notch as well...

Whit
on 6/1/19 11:51 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Yes however I believe he no longer does the RNY t DS only to SIPS which is not a true DS.

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Member Services
on 6/17/19 10:00 pm, edited 6/18/19 4:04 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Twins-Mom,

I would be happy to assist you and help in any way I can. (Free services for our members!) Can you please email me at: [email protected]... I look forward to hearing from you!

Most Active
Recent Topics