Revison round TWO??

Starface
on 9/3/19 12:31 am - Burbank, CA

I had my original gastric bypass in 2007. I lost 90 pounds and began experiencing a lot of pain and couldn't lose and started to GAIN weight. I was approved and had a bypass revision in 2012 with a hernia repair. Since then I went on to lose 176 pounds and felt SOOOO good! I became sexually active for the first time in my life and decided to go on birth control and has MAJORLY messed me. I had gotten down to 181 and had steadily been losing. More slowly, but losing and maintaining and lower number all the time. After coming off the birth control, I have had a NEVER ENDING hunger and I'm back up to an astonishing 213 sounds. I have not felt this low in YEARS and I'm really really struggling emotionally. Has anybody ever heard of someone getting a SECOND REVISION? I'm seriously considering it but I don't know if it's even possible. Let me know what you all know/have heard/have experienced. I'm so downhearted right now and really emotionally distraught that I did SO MUCH WORK only to take something that was advised by my doctor (I also have PMDD) that has wreaked so much havoc on my body and has put me through all of the emotional pain I once suffered as result of the humiliation I felt by being so big before. I really need some kind of solution. Can any of y'all help? Lemme know anything you might know about this. Thank you!!!!!!

Erin b

E_Saenz
on 9/4/19 9:24 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

See your bariatric surgeon and requst them to take a look at you and advise you what to do they are the professionals. My friend had an injection in her pouch and it helped her lose some hope the very best for you. I myself have been trying to get revised from vsg to rny I've been denied 2 times but this time i know the criteria so I'm going to try again.

Elia Maria Saenz

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/6/19 7:52 am
RNY on 08/05/19

First step is to check in with your surgeon to take a look at the state of your pouch. If there's nothing physically wrong with it, you're likely much better working with behavior modification to lose the weight you've regained; many people here on OH have lost weight many years after surgery by going back to basics (weighing, measuring, and logging food).

You may also want to work with a therapist to help you address your eating patterns and the emotional side of weight loss.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Laura in Texas
on 9/7/19 5:40 am

I am sure another revision is possible, but please do more research before considering it. Multiple surgeries can be very dangerous for our bodies. You could end up with lifelong issues and that could lead to an early death (this happened to a friend of mine after she revised her RNY to DS).

My hunger came back with a vengeance, too (I am up 25 pounds). I attribute it to poor food choices and not taking care of my mental health. I see a counselor and am going to join WW.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/19 7:05 pm

I have to agree with Laura . The most important thing is to maintain your health .

And you don't need to be a skinny-Minnie to look beautiful or to find lasting love and have a great sex life ... most of the posters on here are happily coupled up you'll notice :)

You didn't mention your starting or current BMI or age or any health issues you have .

If you're basically just frustrated with your body's reluctance to lose - and are pretty healthy you could consider revising to a distal RNY . It's like a DS lite if you will ... but much easier to revise and stay healthy with in the long term due to not as much vitamin malabsorption .

Most Active
Recent Topics