Revision from Gastric bypass to BPD OR BPD/DS

jenjenviola
on 10/2/19 10:24 am - Washington, DC

Hello all..what is the difference between a revision to bpd only as opposed to bpd-ds..I know the revision to full ds is a longer more complicated surgery, and my surgeon says revision to bpd will give same results..any thoughts/

White Dove
on 10/2/19 11:32 am - Warren, OH

What are you revising from?

I wonder if he means distal gastric bypass? There have been a few people on here through the years that had that done.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/5/19 4:11 pm

You should ask that question on DS forum.

Revision surgery from RNY to DS is very complicated and there are only a few doctors that can fo that properly without patient getting terrible complication.

DS forum have people who know very well about that.

And as far as I know, BPD is not the same as DS. And the average results are different.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy R.
on 10/6/19 8:51 pm, edited 10/6/19 1:54 pm

Have you gotten any information since you first raised this topic about four months ago?

I ask because I've not got a clue where to start and it might help me or others if we knew what you'd learned so far.

edited because I hit post too soon: The Bilopancreatic Diversion and the Duodenal Switch are not the same surgery as far as I know. If you haven't yet posted in the DS Forum yet you might get more feedback over there.

Good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly. These revisions are some serious operations. So it's good that you're checking things out until you understand exactly what your surgeons have to offer you.

Most Active
Recent Topics