WYD 2 a Revision sleeve a Bypass now

NuevaMujer714
on 11/30/19 5:12 pm - Irvine, CA
  • 2011 Sleeve from 280 to 160
  • 2019 215 lb ?
  • revision Sleeve or Bypass

Has anyone had a revision if so do you decide to do a Sleeve again or Bypass. I talked to my dr he did say it would be more Risky?

Hope to get your feed back

XOXO Thanks for the Support            
stacyrg
on 12/2/19 2:05 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Is there a mechanical or physical reason why your sleeve failed and you either never got to goal or started gaining weight back? Honestly, if not, I would not do a revision. If the answer is "no" you need to figure out what caused you to stop losing and start gaining. If your sleeve did not mechanically fail, you can reverse the trend by getting back on track, eating dense protein, weighing and measuring everything and keeping your calories low. Conventional wisdom is you only lose between 20-30 lbs after a revision. Even if you go through with it, if you don't address what caused you to gain (again, if there was no mechanical failure of your sleeve), the same thing will likely happen again.

I revised from VSG to RNY in July, 2016 because of severe, uncontrollable GERD. I had gained about 12 lbs up from my lowest, which was below goal, because of the food I was forced to eat to control my reflux. After my revision, I lost about 15-18 lbs and that was it. No more loss. While I know there are people here wo have been able to lose a significant amount of weight after a revision, I was not one of them, and I believe my experience was typical.

I hope you get it figured out!

NuevaMujer714
on 12/2/19 4:10 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for getting back to me. I just fell off the wagon and stopped counting calories and I got injured and lost all hope, the dr says I'll lose 70 lbs. but I'm not sure about the surgery I had a Partial hysterectomy 9/2018 and I still have some aches from that. I will keep that in mind and honestly get back on teack

XOXO Thanks for the Support            
White Dove
on 12/3/19 2:52 pm - Warren, OH

Find out what he is planning to do to you. If he is promising 70 pounds, I don't think it is a RNY or sleeve. It may be something that will leave you with side effects like chronic diarrhea. Just ask what he is going to do and what you can expect after the procedure.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics