BMI Qualification for LAP-BAND Revision Surgery

MBC803
on 2/13/20 10:28 am

Hi,

I have at least 2 significant complications with my LAP-BAND, so I know I meet those requires. But is there a BMI requirement for insurance to cover it?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/13/20 2:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

That will depend 100% on your insurance; every plan has different coverage guidelines and that's what you'll need to follow. Call the customer service number on the back of your card and ask, they should be able to give you that information.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Dee_Caprini
on 2/14/20 3:26 pm

Yep, I agree with Sparkle. Depends on your insurance. A very good friend of mine had dilation of the upper part of her stomach and her band was now useless. Her lowest was 180 I believe and she regained up to 250. She had high blood pressure again so her doc requested a revision. They approved the removal of the band only and she was told that she would need to pay for the revision out of pocket. They initially said that revisions would not be covered but then her primary wrote a letter of necessity/passion and a week after her revision, she received a letter from the insurance company stating that they would pay for it (She'd already paid) so it was a matter of getting refunds from the surgeon, hospital and anesthesiologist. She didn't argue

Most Active
Recent Topics