Anyone sleeved and re-sleeved?

sleeved524
on 3/4/20 5:49 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

kool you will do fine!

Ask all the questions you need to and read read and read more and follow all doctors orders and you will do great..

well how much have you lost sw.. gw. cw. ??

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/4/20 7:57 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Aging with RNY-related issues (generally caused by not following your doctor's recommendations) is WAY better than aging with obesity-related issues.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Spiritus
on 2/21/20 12:55 pm - Hawthorne, CA

Hey Val - I am also in the same boat you are and as well had my sleeve surgery on 2011.

I know I don't want another sleeve but I know Kaiser in WLA has a study going on for failed sleeve surgeries to convert to the SADI (DS). I am seriously thinking of talking to them and checking out what it is all about.

Good Luck and let's keep in touch!

Valsdetermined2lose
on 2/22/20 2:47 am

Good luck! Yes I've been educated on Sadi loops too but the malabsorption with loops is scary to me and a lot of DS Sadi loops patients I've talked to lost too much weight?? I was considering Sadi loops but I'm afraid of the malnutrition a lot of DS people go through.

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Nika
on 2/25/20 7:07 am

I'm looking into re sleeve or pouch repair. I had my original sleeve 9/2012. Went from 215 to 120. Very pleased. 7 pregnancies later... I'm at 172. No more restriction. So, I'm following to read if you have more feedback. Dr Ortiz at OCC does a plication of the previously sleeved stomach. That is one I am looking into as well. The claim is that it is safer than a re sleeve.

Lamoura
on 12/6/20 8:51 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Hi there, Nika. Did you get the resleeve? Or plication? I'm heading into a resleeve on the 10th (next week). I had my VSG in 2014 and went from 150 at highest to 140 at lowest. I loved it. I maintained for 150lb for about 5.5 years, then started regain over the last 1.5 years of around 25-30 pounds because I have no restriction anymore. I want to nip that in the bud, so I'm getting a resleeve. I feel like I need a tune-up! Anyway, I'd love to hear what you decided to get and how you are doing. Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics