VSG to BIPASS?

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/20 10:09 am

11-12ish years ago I had VSG. Lost over 100 pounds, had a baby, gained it all back over the past 8 years. I'm looking to see what revision would be possible for me. I've heard horror stories about bipass and Side effects like constant diarrhea and nausea. Anyone have thoughts or personal experience? Thank you!

catwoman7
on 6/8/20 10:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

do you mean bypass as in RNY? (we use those names interchangeably). Some people have diarrhea, but the vast majority of us have the opposite problem - constipation! Also, constant nausea? Not sure where you got that. I had it somewhat frequently the first month or so when I was trying to figure out what food I could tolerate, but after that, no. I don't get sick any more frequently now than I did pre-surgery.

or do you mean bypass as in DS? (that surgery is a sleeve stomach plus a fairly largely bypassed small intestine). Diarrhea is more common with DS'ers, but I think it's manageable. I don't know about nausea, but since they have a sleeved stomach, that piece wouldn't be any different than what you have now with VSG.

you need to do some research - spending time on here reading through threads and checking out legitimate medical sites would be your best bet.

Most Active
Recent Topics