Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone?...

Ashrenea0221
on 10/5/20 3:58 pm
Revision on 09/30/20

Hello!

I just had my revision from the sleeve to the gastric bypass 5 days ago(9/30/20) This is 10x harder than the sleeve. I have 9 days left on this liquid diet and I am trying so hard not to cheat! Uh..I have an appetite now. After the sleeve I had pretty much no appetite at all.

I have 5 children and with this distance learning and them at home ALL DAY LONG I spend a LOT of time in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, preparing, and serving. Cooking and not eating or tasting is SO HARD!! I am getting anxious, exasperated, and afraid that i will fail. I'm trying to get through and not cheat.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to survive this liquid diet?

White Dove
on 10/6/20 3:16 pm - Warren, OH

Protein shakes, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free Jello, bone broth, diet juices, lots of water. Some of these Eggface Protein Recipes might help.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ashrenea0221
on 10/6/20 4:57 pm
Revision on 09/30/20

Thank you!

Laney T.
on 10/7/20 10:42 am

Congrats on deciding to get back on track! I am 8 days post-op myself from my RNY (Gastric Bypass) revision surgery. I had my original Gastric Bypass on 6/25/08 and I went from 247 to 118 and then at the time of my revision last week I was at 186. I know it is extremely stressful and delicate to recondition our minds and how we must think about food to succeed. I also have a 9 year old, so I can empathize with you as a parent. I was able to have my procedure done by my original surgeon and have my revisional counseling by my original nutritionist from 2008, also. Her advice has been phenomenal. I told her about my concerns staying full long periods of time. She advised me to try Premier Protein ready to drink "shakes", as they are only 160 cal, 1g of sugar, and packed with 30g of protein in 11 ounce cartons. The flavors I have tried so far are absolutely DELICIOUS and keep me full for 2-3 hours. Right now I am only drinking 1 per day, however I am increasing to 2 per day next week (at 2 weeks post-op). The flavors I have tried (and enjoy) are cookies and cream, chocolate, and strawberries and cream. They also make vanilla and caramel (and I believe a few others).

Feel free to message me if you'd like to keep in contact. It'd be nice to have a support buddy again with a revision surgery as it isn't too common to find someone at the same stage! :)

Good luck!

deenewme
on 4/2/21 1:40 am

Hello congratulations on the restart. I had a gastric bypass in 2010. I started at 314 and got down to 260. For the next 8 years I maintained from 260-270. This last year everything changed. I have gained 12 lbs and I have been frustrated with myself. I started to walk and drink more water but it wasn't enough to get my body restarted. Today my surgeon suggested I do a revision- the duodenal switch. I told him I know I need help but I feared the insurance would deny it.

Without giving you my biography- I suppose I'm saying I need support and I am willing to give support. You have got those!!?

Dmh7469
on 9/23/21 2:39 pm
Revision on 10/12/21

Hey! Just checking in to see how your journey is going so far? Im scheduled for revision on 10/12.

Laney T.
on 10/7/20 10:44 am

I just realized you actually included your revision surgery date as 9/30 and mine was 9/29. Woohoo!

Ashrenea0221
on 10/7/20 10:48 am
Revision on 09/30/20

Thank you so much for your advice and support! I swear...today is not my day. But you just made it a little bit better. THANK YOU!

Laney T.
on 10/7/20 10:51 am

Awww, anytime! I hope your day gets even better. Cheer up hun, you're going to feel wonderful again once you can establish a real routine again. The first few weeks always suck so bad and can feel lonely. That's why I came back on O.H. :)

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:13 pm
RNY on 07/22/19

I had the revision a year ago from VSG to RNY. I hate my RNY because I have no restriction compared to the sleeve. With the sleeve I couldn't even eat what I measured, but with RNY I could eat what I measure and more. In order to lose weight you need to battle the mental portion and tell yourself cheating isn't an option ð??"

Most Active
Recent Topics