Which insurance companies approved your revision?

Alrightvw
on 10/28/20 1:13 pm - NY

I had my RNY gastric bypass in 2005. I lost 120 pounds and kept most of it off until about 6 years ago...started creeping up and up. Tried all the diets and have decided to go for a revision. I visited my same surguery group, New York Bariatric Group, and went through all of my testing over the summer. Now waiting on approval & surgery date. Been waiting for a MONTH. I have NYSHIP. Any thoughts?

Erin

White Dove
on 10/29/20 7:43 pm - Warren, OH

It took over a month for my approval for my RNY. The company had a board that met once a month to approve surgeries. My request happened to get submitted the day after they met for that month. Call the number on your insurance card and ask for a status update.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 10/31/20 4:15 pm - Woodside, NY

They are obligated to follow a legal turnaround time. I am with Cigna and I knew they have 30 days to respond but they responded with 5 business days. I was denied, had a peer to peer, resubmitted, and approved all within a month's time.

keatmon81
on 11/7/20 3:39 pm

Hi,would you mind me asking what was needed to get it approved. My insurance company requested more information before approval.

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 11/7/20 6:54 pm - Woodside, NY

your insurance information is requesting more information from your provider, which means your provider was provided with that information and either they will reach out or you can be proactive and reach out to them and ask what they need. You may try and call insurance as well and a nice rep may give you that information

Happyloser41
on 11/18/20 9:06 am

Have you heard back yet in your approval? Fingers crossed for you!

Alrightvw
on 11/18/20 9:22 am - NY

Yes!!!!! I was approved by NYSHIP and I am having my revision on December 2nd. Began my 2-week liquid diet today!

Happyloser41
on 11/18/20 9:36 am

congratulations!! Wonderful news!!!

stratusphr2
on 5/20/21 3:31 pm
On November 18, 2020 at 5:22 PM Pacific Time, Alrightvw wrote:

Yes!!!!! I was approved by NYSHIP and I am having my revision on December 2nd. Began my 2-week liquid diet today!

What is the reason for your revision? I would go from sleeve to RNY, but I haven't seen the bariatric doctor yet. I have a hiatal hernia. I had one repaired when I had sleeve surgery. He discovered it after he got started. I guess it is back. Terrible GERD that did ok for a few months after being put on Pantoprazole, then he had to up it to twice a day. Now I'm back to resorting to Tums on top of the script. I would love to know what they're going to require, what hoops I'll have to jump through. I was cash pay the first time around, but it was elective, this would be medical.

Semkeluise
on 5/31/21 6:18 am

I agree with Erin, obesity is a widespread problem around the globe and the necessity of being fit today is the dream of many people. My mother herself had problems with overweight in the past, and decided to have a surgery at the local hospital. She went through all the testings for more than a month and after that, she was ready to be operated. Luckily she had insured at "5 million dollar life insurance policy" which covered the cost of the intervention and reabilitation period. Now she lives a happy life of being fit and does not have any problems when looking at herself in the mirror.

Most Active
Recent Topics