Anyone not lose weight after a revision?

Beanald
on 3/31/21 6:57 am

I went from a sleeve (5 years ago) to a DS. I lost weight the first week. Nothing since, and I mean NOTHING.

I don't know what to do.

Has anyone experienced this?

cchilds3862
on 4/16/21 11:02 am

Hello, I had a GBP revision on March 29, 2021, and so far I lost 21lbs. I was told that it will talk longer to lose weight after a revision. I had my initial GBP Jan 28, 2008, and within the last few years I gained a whopping 60lbs. Im hoping I lose what I gained. My friend told me with her revision she only lost 25lbs.

White Dove
on 4/25/21 3:08 pm, edited 4/25/21 8:08 am - Warren, OH

Weight loss after a revision is about 20 pounds. Any additional loss will require diet and exercise. Multiply your goal weight by 10. That is what you will have to restrict your calories to for life to maintain your goal weight.

Multiply your current weight by 10. That is what you are eating to maintain what you weigh now.

Cutting 500 calories a day will result in one pound a week of loss. Cutting 1000 will result in two pounds a week. I belong to Weigh****chers, track my meals, and just added intermittent fasting. I think IF is very helpful in reducing my appetite.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

pizzicato66
on 11/15/21 10:52 am - SAN DIEGO, CA
Revision on 04/19/22

I see you posting this a lot in the channel - do you have any published medical studies that show these results, or is it based on what you see in the forums? Which type of revision are you referring to?

I'm curious where you get the information you're posting (some published data to support it). I've been googling studies regarding my specific revision the past week or so and I do see that the loss is slower and less, but not to the degree you're posting.

Example: for one study with Gastric band to RNY vs RNY only, the average loss in the studies was about 50% of excess weight lost for those having revisions, as opposed to 75% range for those who just had RNY. That's still a sizeable loss (pun intended)!

Thanks!

Surgery, 8/22/07.  In it for the long haul!

White Dove
on 11/15/21 11:32 am - Warren, OH

I worked for a weight loss surgeon office for several years, with patients who were unable to lose weight after virgin or revision surgeries. Saw very few successful revisions. Followed this board since 2003. May have seen one or two who claimed revision success, and often with a lot of side effects from DS type revisions.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics