Revision from bypass to sleeve?

Ktomakin
on 9/11/21 9:27 pm
RNY on 09/05/14

I am wondering if anyone has heard of revising from gastric bypass to a sleeve?

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2014 and lost 125lbs getting down to 145lbs at my lowest. I then got pregnant within my 1st year. I am now at 215lbs and my surgeon says my pouch is still small but the opening is too large and has suggested and scheduled a revision to a sleeve in October. I am hoping to find others who have gone through something similar because I can't find much information on this type of revision.

Thank you!

White Dove
on 9/12/21 5:53 am - Warren, OH

I have never heard of going from a RNY to a sleeve. I have heard of making the opening in the stoma tighter. Many surgeons convert a sleeve to RNY. But I have never heard of one that reversed RNY to a sleeve.

Converting a RNY to a sleeve would be a complicated procedure if that is what he is actually doing.

Taking down a RNY is only done by a few surgeons in the world. It is both complicated and dangerous.

I would do a lot more research and get other opinions before agreeing to doing this.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Needanewbeginning
on 1/25/22 12:23 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Hello, I have known a few that had revisions from the sleeveto rny but honestly have never heard of an rny to a sleeve.

I don't believe that's a possible surgery as a majority of your stomach has already been removed to just leave you with a pouch.

Keep well,

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics