Scheduled for Revision of Roux-en-Y

cgarcia1604
on 1/28/22 4:37 pm

I had RnY in 2006, and it was successful. 3 yrs ago I began having problems tolerating solid foods, and make reflux, and pain. Finally, in May I went yo get it checked out and between then and now, I have had 6 EGD's, a stent placed and then removed , but that was even unsuccessful bc I have a severe stricture where they connected my pouch to my bowels. I went to a bariatric surgeon, and he wasn't the most promising! He said its a difficult procedure, and more risky than the 1st bc I dont have much left to work with. I went ahead and scheduled the procedure, but Man, I don't know. Could I live off soft, puréed for the rest of my life (bc thats all I can tolerate) and when it starts hurting, it hurts bad! Anybody care to share your revision experience, tia

White Dove
on 1/29/22 3:13 pm - Warren, OH

That would be terrible. They should be able to get it fixed so you can eat normal foods again. Let us know how things go.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparkly Mama
on 4/18/22 10:02 am - Canada

Hi I had RNY in 2009. I have never been able to tolerate solids consistently. I went through a long period of tests and follow up due to mal absorption and anemia. I finally gave up and began to eat foods I could just get down as the fatigue was just intolerable.

I have regained about 100 lbs of the original 207 I lost, and still feel terrible.

I say go for it! And I'll be cheering you on!

please give an update, even if it's that you got referred to a great bariateic care team!

Most Active
Recent Topics