Any Helpful Info?

hopey333
on 2/29/04 11:14 pm - Fenton, Mo
RNY on 12/10/12
I am looking into a revision. I had a VBG back in May of 2000. I only lost 80 lbs and started at 440 lbs. I ended up taking Effedra for a year and 1/2 and got down to 270 lbs, but I finally realized I was ruining my health with the effedra and was afraid it would damage my heart. Now I have gained 22 lbs in the last 3 months and I really want to get revised to a RNY. I am just curious if I have to have a staple line disruption or something like that in order to get a revision or if just having a BMI over 40 is enough. I was also walking 3 miles a day and going to the gym twice a week, but the pain in my knees, back and feet got too bad for me to contunue. I ended up having foot surgery this last December and have not been able to exercise again until recently. I am trying to get a walking routine back in place. Ok, I am beginning to ramble, but any advice is appreciated. I am looking into doing this revision with Dr Eagon is St Louis so if anyone has had a revision through him please let me know. Thanks, Hope
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/04 5:30 am - WV
Hope, I also had VGB in 1992 and have regained most of my weight over the past 12 yrs. I am in the process of obtaining a pre determination from my insurance for a revision. I have BC/BS (anthem) the first thing I done was call them and ask if they cover revisions. The lady I spoke with was very nice and she told me they did and she would send me a copy of the requirements for WLS as well as a revision. My insurance requires a staple line break down (not do to over eating) and the usual requirements for WLS. Such as a BMI of 40 or greater or a BMI of 35 or greater with co-mor. I have sent everything to my insurance on 02/12/04 and then it went to medical review on 02/20/04 and I call every day. Last Friday they told me I would have an answer today. Well, when I called they told me it went from medical review on Friday to physician review and I should hear something in about 10 days. I will help you in any way I can just let me know.
Most Active
Recent Topics